USB on controller

Reaction score
A search mentioned the mini USB connector on the, I'll call it the back, of the controller. None of them answered my question of is this a newer version of the controller or an older one? I have watched several videos on opening the controller to modify the antenna, but none of those had the mini USB connector. I was just wondering if I had a newer unit or an older one. Some of the videos are recent.

Happyflyer said:
A search mentioned the mini USB connector on the, I'll call it the back, of the controller. None of them answered my question of is this a newer version of the controller or an older one? I have watched several videos on opening the controller to modify the antenna, but none of those had the mini USB connector. I was just wondering if I had a newer unit or an older one. Some of the videos are recent.
Not sure of your question, some controllers have the USB connector inside, you have to unscrew the back off to access it next to the transmitter bit , where some have an external port , I think the P2v are all inside .

Hello,
The phantom 1-2 ( non vision ) are 2.4GHZ controllers.
The Phantom 2 vision runs 5.8GHz
( these all have INTERNAL USB ports ( you have to open controller to find them ) P1, P2, and P2V
The Phantom 2 Vision PLUS ( 5.8GHz ) with EXTERNAL USB port on bottom of controller! ( outside )

I'm not really sure what you are asking? But hope this helps!

Nope. I have the P2V and it is on the outside.

That is cool, mine is 5 months old now and is on INSIDE, yours must be the new style!
Thanks for the update!

Take care, Fly safe!

AnselA said:
Happyflyer said:
Nope. I have the P2V and it is on the outside.

Don't worry, be happy.
Worry? No, just curious on why mine was on the outside. Looks like I do have a new version.
Woopie!
:D

My question is what is it for? Since it seems that you update and config the controller through the Bird and not the controller.

lightingbryan said:
My question is what is it for? Since it seems that you update and config the controller through the Bird and not the controller.

Unfortunately that's not so easy. You need to use RC Assistant and connect your computer to the RC (transmitter).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj