USB in HDMI out (nvidia shield)

Reaction score
I have the P3 Pro and P4 both with the hdmi boards.
I use the shield as a display, and output to either headplay ofr a laptop.

My question is: if I use the usb output on the controller to the usb input on the shield, then use the hdmi output on the shield to the headplay or laptop. Will the resolution and the quality be the same as if I used the hdmi on the controller?

Thanks

Reactions: TheFPVdrone
Will the resolution and the quality be the same as if I used the hdmi on the controller?
The Shield's HDMI output to [Headplay, monitor, etc.] will be an exact mirror; WYSIWYG. Resolution & quality depends on what you're outputting to. For example, the new Eachine Goggle One [supposedly] has true 1920 x 1080 and the Nvidia Shield K1 has 1920 x 1200 output; However, the Goggle One has 5" screen but looks very sharp when receiving output signal from the Shield K1. The DJI HDMI output (module on the controller) can only output 720p and is not an exact mirror like the Shield's HDMI output. It can only displays limited info, like telemetry, battery & signal strength, etc. not WYSIWYG like when you output from a tablet's HDMI.

Last edited:
The Shield's HDMI output to [Headplay, monitor, etc.] will be an exact mirror; WYSIWYG. Resolution & quality depends on what you're outputting to. For example, the new Eachine Goggle One [supposedly] has true 1920 x 1080 and the Nvidia Shield K1 has 1920 x 1200 output; However, the Goggle One has 5" screen but looks very sharp when receiving output signal from the Shield K1. The DJI HDMI output (module on the controller) can only output 720p and is not an exact mirror like the Shield's HDMI output. It can only displays limited info, like telemetry, battery & signal strength, etc. not WYSIWYG like when you output from a tablet's HDMI.
Nice, thanks for the info. I returned the headplay was not built well at all. HDMI port was recessed and you had to use mini hdmi and was a pain to use. I may try the Eachine Goggle one. Thanks again

Nice, thanks for the info. I returned the headplay was not built well at all. HDMI port was recessed and you had to use mini hdmi and was a pain to use. I may try the Eachine Goggle one. Thanks again
Interesting perspective. I have the Headplay (ordered HDMI cable at same time and had no problems. I love the setup!

Does the P4 come with the HDMI Out or will I have to change the board as I did in the P3. Getting ready to order the P4.

I assume that the P3 and P4 Boards are the same? 0ne fits Both?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31