USB connector

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue keeping the micro usb plug plugged into your phantom? Mine is always going in and out, even while sitting on level ground. I wasn't sure if it was just me or what...

Anyone have experience changing the port to a different location or just so it's a more solid connection? It looked like it's tied into the led light.

Thanks!

na no problems with usb I used the small grey cable and it stays in
the led lights will boot up normaly until you plug in the phantom to
your pc or laptop then the led will go a dim green and all the messages
come up on your pc saying new device connected then open the naza :)

Mine fits real tight and is tough to get out. ;)

Good Luck

Hi, That short (about 9") micro USB connector I got is neither use nor ornament as far as connecting to my PC is concerned. It's just too short.

Most of the other, longer, cables of the same fitting that I have just don't make connection and so I've resorted to lengthening the supplied cable by means of a standard USB to USB connector and taping the two together so I don't loose anything.

I suspect that the difficulty connecting using a "run of the mill" connector is caused by the plastic moulding on the average connector that we all have kicking about is about 1mm or so thicker than the supplied connector.

Mine works but is a pain to plug in with the gimbal in the way. I thought about finding a 90 degree usb cable.

Yep the same problem with the Gimbal in the way. Looked for a 90Deg micro usb but those seen are too bulky and will be more problem with Gimbal. Not an easy solution I feel sorry.

You can order from Walmart and pick it up at your local store. Then, I cut a small triangle of rubber off the top of the plug and it fis easily between my Walkera gimbal and the sub connection. Search Walmart for a 90 degree sub to male sub. They have several so look at their pictures and order the correct one. Sorry, but I forgot the item part number.

This is the one I bought Right Angle Micro USB Cable - Motorola Droid, Incredible, Droid X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003E3HPD0/re ... Sub0VQCD52

You have to make a little room to insert it with the gimbal but there is juuuuust enough room. it only loosens up because I still can get my gimbal to stop shaking, and then I pick my phantom up to see if the gimbal is functioning properly (which it doesn't) Oh, and this cord has plenty of length!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31