USB connection

Reaction score
Hi all,

i just ordered a Phantom 3 Advanced...I'm excited!...

I am also going to order a short USB to Lightning cable thru Amazon to use with my iPad 2. The ones I'm looking at come in 4", 5", 8" or 12".

Can someone please look at your Phantom 3 remote and let me know what the shortest length cable I can use?

Thanks!!
Tom

12 inch is the shortest I can get away with using my iPad Air 2. Get a good one that's Apple certified if you don't then get ready for lost video.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, only use a GENUINE Apple lightning cable.
I have a short made for Apple lightning cable and it was great, but for no reason after maybe 15 flights with it major problems occurred including complete loss of fpv and the app became useless.
I swapped for a genuine cable and no more problems.

Thanks all for your responses! Good point to get a genuine Apple cable. I'll order a 12" one today.

Tom

I use iPad mini 2 and I use 12" cable. It's just right. Bigger iPads will require longer cables. Never route a cable directly from RC to your iPad as it puts a load on the connectors. It is suggested to route them through holder support to avoid direct tension on to the connecting ends. It is not just an electrical connection, if you want a reliability during operations, proper routing and support to the cable is a must. Many ignore it and lateron complain on poor cables or USB port failing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl