Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

USB charging from Phantom 3 battery

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by John Locke, Nov 24, 2015.

1. John Locke

I found this tidbit today, a USB charger. Since we all have Phantom 3 batteries I thought you guys might be interested. It lets you recharge phones, tablets, etc from your Phantom battery via this USB adapter @ 5V - 2A. That's twice as much as the 1A charge rate that the majority of the legacy USB chargers put out. These use to be $50 earlier in the year, which I thought was a bit out of reason, but these are only $20 so I bought one today. If you have a battery that's discharged down to 40% that you you'd rather not fly, use this USB adapter and take it down to 15% when you get in a pinch with your phone/tablet. Nice backup to keep in the case.
    upload_2015-11-24_20-34-0.png

Reed L likes this.
  2. alokbhargava

There is no limit for innovation.

3. bkushner

How about a device to charge P3 battery from a USB Battery backup

4. Zion21

Pretty cool but I don't see myself carrying around a P3 battery to charge my phone when they have pocket size chargers with 2amp outputs. Still a cool design. Bring on USB charging for the battery though![​IMG]

5. John Locke

This is for those times that you are out and the display device gets low on power, and you happen to have a battery at 35% in the bag that would work fine to give a little boost to the device, but too low to fly with. True, not a common occurrence, but good backup in the bag. I have found it's also a good option for camping when you don't have power to charge your phone (camera, video usage). A Phantom battery can charge a phone or iPad a lot more times than most other pocket chargers.