USA source for a 5000mAH battery w/ XT60. Anyone???

Reaction score
Man, I thought finding a few of these would be an easy task. Not so. If I order from Hong Kong and buy at least 5 pieces, I can get them...and wait until mid-December. Not gonna happen. Just want one or two to use with my Jumper 600. The thought of cutting off an non-XT60 plug and soldering on an XT 60 connector with all that live juice in the battery gives me the willies.

Anyone have a source for what I'm looking for, preferable a source in the USA??

Thanks in advance.

PF

Dude, if you'll just cover the shipping involved, I'll be happy to solder XT-60's on to whatever battery you want :) I hadn't done soldering in years, and now that I'm back in to it again I'm wanting to solder anything I can get my hands on lol.

You're smart to be vary wary of the dangers with that, but as long as you very meticulously follow the proper steps, it's not a big deal.

Wow, that is a very generous offer, and I'll be certain to keep that in mind as an option! Thank you!

A second option is to simply covert the connecter on the quadcopter to whatever connector comes with the batteries, such as a Traxxas. The quad, obviously, has no power to worry about.

Since the 5000mAh batteries will not be used on the Phantom anyway, there's really no reason to INSIST on a XT60...it's just how the Jumper 600 is configured ATM. I'm shocked to find that the larger mAh batteries do not seem to be widely available with an XT60 connector. My understanding is they can handle up to 80 amps safely...and I'd be maxing out at 20. Go figure! :(

PF

PhantomFan said:
A second option is to simply covert the connecter on the quadcopter to whatever connector comes with the batteries, such as a Traxxas. The quad, obviously, has no power to worry about.

Since the 5000mAh batteries will not be used on the Phantom anyway, there's really no reason to INSIST on a XT60...it's just how the Jumper 600 is configured ATM. I'm shocked to find that the larger mAh batteries do not seem to be widely available with an XT60 connector. My understanding is they can handle up to 80 amps safely...and I'd be maxing out at 20. Go figure! :(

PF

Good thinkin! Yeah if you don't mind migrating to a different plug format based on the batts you're going to use, no reason to not just swap the plug on your aircraft instead. I'm gonna stick with XT-60's on my 550 just because I'm familiar with them now, and they're relatively easy to solder on compared to some of the others.

OI Photography said:
Dude, if you'll just cover the shipping involved, I'll be happy to solder XT-60's on to whatever battery you want :) I hadn't done soldering in years, and now that I'm back in to it again I'm wanting to solder anything I can get my hands on lol.

You're smart to be vary wary of the dangers with that, but as long as you very meticulously follow the proper steps, it's not a big deal.

I know the feeling! I just bought a new soldering station and can't wait to get going, but I'm awaiting part still :(

Daunting yes, but when/if soldering a battery, only remove one cable from the old connector at a time, solder it on to the new connector, cover with heat shrink and then go for the next cable. Trying to do both at once is asking for trouble, so long as its covered once you do the first, the second should be no worries :)

Not that I've done any myself, haven't needed to as yet.

I recently got 3 4s 5000's that I soldered xt60 connectors to, it's actually quite easy to do. Tint the wires first, then heat connector and add solder, while hot insert wire and let them fuse, remove heat, hold steady until it cools a bit. I then slip the piece of heat shrink tubing over the exposed section. Do the same to the other wire, you can add a strip of thin cardboard between the wires so you don't accidentally short your iron to the other side.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl