US Virgin Islands St Thomas and St Croix

Reaction score
I'll be traveling to St. Thomas & St Croix, USVI
in two weeks. Any scenic flying recommendations? I've researched the local UA
drone regulations and they appear to be few.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You'll get great shots no matter where you are down there! I sailed around the BVIs for a week earlier this year and didn't run into any problems whatsoever in regards to flying my P3 around all of the islands, as well as, no issues during travel...was even pretty dang windy the whole week (18+ kts) I was there and had no problems, beyond fear of disaster lol, launching off of our sailboat every flight! ...although not great quality, two pics attached below:
DJI_0018.jpg
DJI_0027.jpg

Reactions: Jesse_M
I'm heading there in a month and want to hopefully bring my DJI Spark, assuming it get here in time. Anything I need to do to get approval to fly it in the BVIs before hand?

Awesome! I grew up sailing and scuba diving in the BVI. I sure miss it there.

STX is mosty class D with only a tiny area that's open out west and east has a good amount of free fly area. STT is like 90% class D and STJ in Cruz bay is open but the rest is NPS and not allowed at all. You can call towers and ask for permission and for STJ you'll have to appply to the administrator for flight in the NPS.

I live in STX, previously STT. I'm trying to get a long term waiver for clying here for the year since anywhere you live here is within class D airspace.

Please note! Our airplanes fly VERY low here! Seaplane is only like 1200ft and we have lots of helicopters for tours that buzz around. Really best to contact towers or airport at least so they can put out NOTAM.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj