US POTUS TFR Aug 9-17th for Cape Cod and the Islands

Reaction score
Looks like a POTUS visit to Martha's Vineyard. Definitely a no-fly zone Aug 9-17th. Classified as national defense airspace. This one is large enough to cover all of Cape Cod, parts of mainland and both Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.

"PILOTS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES MAY BE INTERCEPTED, DETAINED AND INTERVIEWED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT/SECURITY PERSONNEL. ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL ACTIONS MAY ALSO BE TAKEN AGAINST A PILOT WHO DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OR ANY SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS OR PROCEDURES ANNOUNCED IN THIS NOTAM:

A) THE FAA MAY TAKE ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION, INCLUDING IMPOSING CIVIL PENALTIES AND THE SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION OF AIRMEN CERTIFICATES; OR

B) THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT MAY PURSUE CRIMINAL CHARGES, INCLUDING CHARGES UNDER TITLE 49 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE, SECTION 46307; OR

C) THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT MAY USE DEADLY FORCE AGAINST THE AIRBORNE AIRCRAFT, IF IT IS DETERMINED THAT THE AIRCRAFT POSES AN IMMINENT SECURITY THREAT."

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407601794.337620.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407601794.337620.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 861
I am not sure if that is a 100% no fly or that special procedures needs to be observed. It is way too big of an air space to just close for all traffic. What altitude does the restriction starts and ends at? What are the procedures required to enter the zone?

I have a cousin that's on welfare and likes to rant on Facebook about lazy people on welfare, and ***** about the POTUS. He made a few remarks that involved some rather violent imaginary, and a few week later his daughter was contacted by the Secret Service about the best way to collect all his guns. The daughter informed the Secret Service that her husband was in possession of one of the firearms, and that he was at work, but she could call him. The Secret Service informed her they already had the number and would contact him themselves...

Best advice...leave the President alone.

CarlJ said:
I have a cousin that's on welfare and likes to rant on Facebook about lazy people on welfare, and ***** about the POTUS. He made a few remarks that involved some rather violent imaginary, and a few week later his daughter was contacted by the Secret Service about the best way to collect all his guns. The daughter informed the Secret Service that her husband was in possession of one of the firearms, and that he was at work, but she could call him. The Secret Service informed her they already had the number and would contact him themselves...

Best advice...leave the President alone.

Wait... so now somebody uses their First Amendment rights to say something, and has their Second Amendment (and likely Fourth Amendment) rights violated by government thugs? That's a bit over the top. Of course, if I were the person contacted by the Secret Service with them asking for help, I'd have told them to go pound sand. (Well, it likely would have used more "colorful" language than that.)

It's been illegal to threaten (or imply threat) to the President since 1917. It's hardly a first amendment issue.

CRankin said:
Wait... so now somebody uses their First Amendment rights to say something, and has their Second Amendment (and likely Fourth Amendment) rights violated by government thugs? That's a bit over the top. Of course, if I were the person contacted by the Secret Service with them asking for help, I'd have told them to go pound sand. (Well, it likely would have used more "colorful" language than that.)

Unbelievable...

bobbycwall said:
It's been illegal to threaten (or imply threat) to the President since 1917. It's hardly a first amendment issue.

Yep...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj