Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

US National Drone Racing Championships

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oso, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Oso

Oso

Are any of you P3 pilots planning to attend the Drone Racing Championships next week in Sacramento?
    I am considering going since it is only about a 30 minute drive for me.

I understand that racing like this is not the realm of the P3, but it is still awesome to see videos of the race drones on a course or just practicing at home. I think that seeing them in person would fun, along with perhaps meeting some of you P3 pilots if you plan to attend.

http://www.dronenationals.com/

2. Andy Collins

The talent some of those guys have is hard to imagine. I was flying recently and ran into a guy that is flying in Sacramento,,I sat and watched him go through a couple of batteries (he had a problem and had to stop after 2),,,I am trying to take up FPV flying,,but it takes a LOT of practice and if you think a phantom breaks props,,,I can go through a dozen props on my racing drone in no time (note the drone doesn't hurt them, the pilot hitting stuff does)

3. John Locke

Oh man, I wish I was nearby so I could attend. Those FPV guys are nuts! I see it's sponsored by FatShark. It wouldn't surprise me if a guy using the new HD Headplay goggles won the race. Those new goggles look incredible, and only $250. I just ordered mine last night. I'm going to get into FPV soon.

4. flyNfrank

I would be there if it was in a reasonable distance. Actually I would be competing. Sounds like a lot of fun!

5. F6Rider

I will be there Oso, not far from me at all, ride my M/C so parking will be a snap. It will be kick *** to see those guys doing their best to destroy a drone :) I will PM you my number maybe we can meet up for a beer and a chat.

6. Oso

Oso

If you scroll down to the bottom of the main page, you will see several of the invited pilots. Many of them are using goggles. They each have a "sizzle reel" video. The videos are spectacular. Almost too amazing to believe they are in real time, but they are. Just incredible skills.

JoBe likes this.
  7. Oso

Oso

Wow. You must be an amazing pilot. I watched several of the invited pilots videos and was in total awe.

8. Oso

Oso

Outstanding. I was kind of hoping that you would attend. That also gives me a little more to negotiate with when talking to the wife about potentially going next week.

9. flyNfrank

I'm sure I would not be as good as the others, but I would have some fun regardless.

10. Oso

Oso

Earlier today I went to a practice for the upcoming US National Drone Racing Championships. I had seen the videos of these guys flying at crazy speeds, but seeing it in person was incredible. Just insane skills with FPV goggle flying.

I tried to take some video to share with you guys, but the drones were so fast and my skills are lacking to say the least. I got something, but you may get a headache from the fast panning!

JoBe likes this.