UPS just delivered new P2V from Amazon

Reaction score
It has the updated battery pins but still no external USB on the remote controller. Just an FYI.

gfredrone said:
It has the updated battery pins but still no external USB on the remote controller. Just an FYI.
Send a pic of updated battery pins... please

Mav456 said:
Send it back. Get a P2 with zenmuse gopro and fpv. Trust me

Hey stop laying a bummer on a new owner man - how about you let him make his own decisions,
like the one he made to buy the P2V - probably after much consideration (unless he's a millionaire).

I was like a kid on Christmas Day when mine came - and haven't looked back since.

dkatz42 said:
I got the new pins on my unit that shipped from Amazon/Luckitron on 1/9, FWIW.
I too received my 2nd PV2 from Amazon last week, but it did not have the upgraded pins. MY serial no is AK101------------
I have not put to test yet... What is your serial number?
Thanks
Allan

dkatz42 said:
AllanVB said:
What is your serial number?
PH636127695 v1.4, according to the sticker on the bottom of the shell.
Mine is PH636048------v1.4 ..... I was looking on the box. different set of numbers???
Thanks

Mav456 said:

Funny enough I wouldn't even consider that option. The main reason I bought my P2V was the fact I lift it out of the box, turn it on, connect the wifi and go..... Otherwise you got to remove your gopro from waterproof case, set it up on gimbal, connect it all, set up your FPV headset or monitor and by that stage the guy with a P2V has gone through his first battery.

I understand the video quality and smoothness of gimbal comes into play but if I want really good ariel vid's I would probably go for something that can carry a DSLR. I have the P2V for fun, ariel vid's come a close 2nd and the quality is good enough for home movies.

Mav456 said:
El Rey said:
Mav456 said:

Hey stop laying a bummer on a new owner man - how about you let him make his own decisions,
like the one he made to buy the P2V - probably after much consideration (unless he's a millionaire).

I was like a kid on Christmas Day when mine came - and haven't looked back since.
I'm sure you want gopro video

Hahaha! OK you got me.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Whats the thinking with the new pins ?

Multiple contact points instead of one. In early models like mine the single point of contact could either vibrate off the battery contact pad in flight or suffer if it got dirty. It was exacerbated by some of the units having data pins that were not made to spec so they were either deformed or their travel was such that there was less than a mm of pin compression keeping things together...

Fortunately mine doesn't seem to be affected, and if it starts to go bad they seem to have now released the power spade/data pin unit as a spare so I (get someone else to) solder a new one in if required.

Pull_Up said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
Whats the thinking with the new pins ?

Multiple contact points instead of one. In early models like mine the single point of contact could either vibrate off the battery contact pad in flight or suffer if it got dirty. It was exacerbated by some of the units having data pins that were not made to spec so they were either deformed or their travel was such that there was less than a mm of pin compression keeping things together...

Fortunately mine doesn't seem to be affected, and if it starts to go bad they seem to have now released the power spade/data pin unit as a spare so I (get someone else to) solder a new one in if required.
Where would I find the update? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4