Uploaod size to YT

Reaction score
Just wondering.
If I upload a video that is 1.8 Gb in size to YouTube, am I actually uploading 1.8 Gigs ?
Am I really taxing my data plan that hard?
Guessing yes, but need to ask.

Thanks!

My WIFI is on a data plan, :-(
60G a month for the low, low price of only $220/mo
My location....

Reactions: tml4191
That explains your location. haha... Must be nice to live in a state where the northern lights are at. Sorry but I don't know the answer to your data question.

Reactions: auen1
Data plan lol what a scam, these mobile phones are becoming ridiculous too, use your Home Internet/WiFi ... or even a Cyber Cafe ... whichever is cheapest, $220 a month jeez you could buy a house for that!!!

Last edited:
That IS my home WIFI.
Lol

Only 1 shop in town.
I live in a remote place in Alaska.
A monopoly here.

Wasn't good enough to burn almost 2G of data, lol.
Was just practicing some night shots.
Not great, but here are a few stills from around Nome.

Night flight 1030 pm Sept 22 009.JPG
Night on 1243 am 9-23-16 012.JPG

Playing around with long exposures, fun.

Night on 1243 am 9-23-16 002.JPG
Night on 1243 am 9-23-16 006.JPG

Best I can remember, (because I was trying out all the different settings while shooting),

I turned the camera to manual, not auto,
Set the the ISO to 100 and shutter speed to 8 seconds.
And slowly rotated the phantom while the photo was being taken.

Yup, your going to use 2 gigs on a video of that size. Are you a miner or a local native?

Gold miner.

Not enough, lol

DSC00303.jpg
moms gold.jpg
Gold miner.
Yea, me too :) I retired mostly with my California mining income in 2011. An old friend, "No Neck Dan" worked up there in Nome every summer for many years. He loved the money but really hated the surf and being constantly swept by the tide. Then he would come back here in the winter and tell us all of his horror stories and said it was worth every penny... lol. That was back in the 90's until a few years ago. I was invited up a number of times but I was always making good money right here on the old family claims. The 7 pounder in my mom's hands took 1st place at the state fair here every year until we retired it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod and auen1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.