Uploading vids to youtube

Reaction score
I'm taking videos with my d3a and when I upload them to youtube I'm only getting 780p. Why is it not downloading the full 1080 or higher ? When I watch the video it only goes to 780

If you have Mac Pro, you won't have any problem, use iMovie.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Will it upload 4K videos or only unto 1080p? Above video shows only unto 1080p

It all depends on what "BIT" rate you actually save the video file that you upload to youtube - see ManandDrone for tips....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For a 4 minute video it should be around 160 mb, I made the mistake converting to 40 mb, big difference

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does anyone else have problems watching 4k videos on youtube? My laptop cant handle it.
4K needs good processing on your laptop plus fast internet.

I have no problems as I have new Mac Pro and get 120 MBPS Internet at home

I use Premier Elements to edit/create video to upload. Here are the settings I use to export edited video to view on computers or upload.

After editing the video I shot with my P3P, here's a link to the uploaded video. Don't pay attention to how much movement you see in the video. Winds were far too high to normally fly [gusting to 28 mph] but we needed to do a quick shakedown of my buddies P3P and have a place it's safe to fly - even in high winds.

Last note - it's amazing how stable the P3P is in wind.

Attachments

• YoutubeVidSettings.jpg
    YoutubeVidSettings.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 332
4K needs good processing on your laptop plus fast internet.

I have no problems as I have new Mac Pro and get 120 MBPS Internet at home
Fast Internet, haha :) Not all of us need or can get fast internet. It used to take 3+ days to upload on dial-up :) Now on the only 1.5mbps line available, it still takes up to 16 hours on a large movie but I didn't have any problem waiting for days back when there wasn't a choice out here, lol. I start it at night when I go to bed and usually it's done around noon on a 2gig movie. 6 to 14 hours uploading one movie here usually. Power Director 12 has paid for itself 100 times over from my YouTube income.

Fast Internet, haha :) Not all of us need or can get fast internet. It used to take 3+ days to upload on dial-up :) Now on the only 1.5mbps line available, it still takes up to 16 hours on a large movie but I didn't have any problem waiting for days back when there wasn't a choice out here, lol. I start it at night when I go to bed and usually it's done around noon on a 2gig movie. 6 to 14 hours uploading one movie here usually. Power Director 12 has paid for itself 100 times over from my YouTube income.
I never bothered to check how long does it take to upload as it could be 15-20 minutes max for 10 mins video on 4K

Needs are changing and infrastructure is getting ready across globe to accept challenges.

Reactions: Reed L
For a 4 minute video it should be around 160 mb, I made the mistake converting to 40 mb, big difference

A properly exported 4 minute file will be massive! - It will be multi GB!!!!! a lot more than 160Mb sorry!

A properly exported 4 minute file will be massive! - It will be multi GB!!!!! a lot more than 160Mb sorry!
Well, not quite multi-GB. 4:33 = 490,011KB.

ESFlight.jpg

The full video straight off the SD card is 3.7 GB & 8:37 long.
The edited and exported file is roughly half that.

This is the file upload to YouTube in the link above.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic