Upload HD video

Reaction score
Anyone know how to update HD vid to FB/YouTube etc ? I've changed the settings on various sites to allow for HD uploads but it always ends horribly compressed and lacking detail. I've tried all the resolutions in pal to no avail. Ive converted in handbrake to various formats too yet the footage remains the same. I dont have video editing software as i cant afford it at the present time. I take vid from SD card straight to pc, cut out boring bits, again in handbrake but just cant get the quality i see on other p4 vids. On the computer the videos look glorious.

For youtube try these settings: Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help

For example, 1080p video for youtube should have a maximum bit rate of 8mbps at 24, 25, or 30 fps.
If your hd video is over youtubes maximum, it will be compressed.

There's not much you can do for Facebook unfortunately, as i think they have a Max quality of 720p when you upload.
Happy to explain more if you need more help :)

-Cameron B

For youtube try these settings: Recommended upload encoding settings - YouTube Help

For example, 1080p video for youtube should have a maximum bit rate of 8mbps at 24, 25, or 30 fps.
If your hd video is over youtubes maximum, it will be compressed.

There's not much you can do for Facebook unfortunately, as i think they have a Max quality of 720p when you upload.
Happy to explain more if you need more help :)

-Cameron B

Thanks Cameron, yea even my 720p is compressed after uploading to FB.
Can i set the above settings in DJI go ? Bit rates etc ?

Take a look at my FaceBook Page. Search for "George Race" There you will see several recent 360 video presentations done with my P4 in the past week or so. Lots of detail and great color.
The pictures that make up the 360 panoramic s are as as they come from the P4, no photo processing to enhance detail or color.

Please take a look and let me know what you think,
George

Thanks Cameron, yea even my 720p is compressed after uploading to FB.
Can i set the above settings in DJI go ? Bit rates etc ?

No i don't think so sorry.
Maybe in Litchi?

In handbrake, you can set the bitrate by going to the Video tab, and select the option "Avg Bitrate"(kbps)" and enter 8000 (for 1080p video at <30 fps). You can also select 2-pass for *slightly* better quality for the same Bitrate , but you may not notice, and it does take longer.

-Cameron B

Take a look at my FaceBook Page. Search for "George Race" There you will see several recent 360 video presentations done with my P4 in the past week or so. Lots of detail and great color.
The pictures that make up the 360 panoramic s are as as they come from the P4, no photo processing to enhance detail or color.

Please take a look and let me know what you think,
George

Is that george race michigan ?
Oh yes can see it is. Can only see 360 pics. Very nice though.

No i don't think so sorry.
Maybe in Litchi?

In handbrake, you can set the bitrate by going to the Video tab, and select the option "Avg Bitrate"(kbps)" and enter 8000 (for 1080p video at <30 fps). You can also select 2-pass for *slightly* better quality for the same Bitrate , but you may not notice, and it does take longer.

-Cameron B

Thanks, ill give that a try.

Another possibility regarding the apparent loss of fidelity. YouTube uses adaptive bit rate streaming. If the viewer is having a slow connection, YouTube automatically throttles back and delivers lower resolution data. You might want to try viewing your video on a different computer at a different location and see how it looks.

Right, i just trimmed the video in freemake and changed the bit rate to 8000 kbps and uploaded directly to Facebook (youtube fails to even upload) and it worked 1080p at 8000kbps. Now to start adding music.

Another possibility regarding the apparent loss of fidelity. YouTube uses adaptive bit rate streaming. If the viewer is having a slow connection, YouTube automatically throttles back and delivers lower resolution data. You might want to try viewing your video on a different computer at a different location and see how it looks.

Thanks N? I have fibre optic internet so thats not the problem as i can watch HD videos fine from other contributers.

I think the bit rate threshhold for 1080 video is around 10mbs. That's the lowest I'd use if I was planning on 1920x1080 viewing. Not sure if that answers your question, but maybe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl