Upgrading

Reaction score
Not sure where this goes but here it is.

I currently have a Phantom 3 standard I bought about 5 months ago or so off craigslist. looks and flys great. I am looking to upgrade but stay within the Phantom family. Is there a huge difference between the P3 professional and the P4 in the 500.00 difference. One nice thing is the obstacle avoidance but what else makes the jump between the two worth it?

thanks

P4 too has redundant calibration and monitoring system, that makes it more reliable during flights.

The build quality is much better and I like the locking props too. You can find a list of other new features/changes here.

As for the price difference, only you can decide that.

Have the video quality issues I've been reading about with the P4 been resolved yet?
Feel free to explain this in more detail.

Best bang for your buck is add a P3 Advanced. You'll get much greater range than your Standard plus uses the same P3 batteries you already have. If you insist on 4K video then P3 Pro. I just don't see enough of a benefit for the extra cost of a P4.

Not sure where this goes but here it is.

I currently have a Phantom 3 standard I bought about 5 months ago or so off craigslist. looks and flys great. I am looking to upgrade but stay within the Phantom family. Is there a huge difference between the P3 professional and the P4 in the 500.00 difference. One nice thing is the obstacle avoidance but what else makes the jump between the two worth it?

thanks

Feel free to explain this in more detail.
Nothing in particular to point to, I have just seen a number of posts here and there with complaints or inquires into fixing the clarity on the P4's. i alway assumed it to be a firmware issue that would get taken care of like I have seen on cell phones. I have a P3P myself so I have no firsthand knowledge of it. If it is not the case then my mistake.

I purchased a new P3P at a reduced price on Ebay a few months ago ...as the P4 is certainly a fair chunk of change!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair