Upgrading to Phantom 2 Vision?

Reaction score
This may have already been brought up...

I currently have the original Phantom. I have a Go Pro Hero 3 Silver I use with it. I have a bunch of batteries, couple of chargers, 9 inch Carbon Fiber props for it. The Quad has been perfect! No issues or crashes.

There is something intriguing about the Phantom 2 Vision that keeps telling me to sell the Original and upgrade...How may people out there have upgraded from the original? Was it worth the cost in your opinion? Of course I would try to sell the one I have with all the extra's to help offset the cost with the upgrade.

I just can't quite make up my mind to pull the trigger.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have P2V ... love it and am adding "new bits" for upgrading :cool: .... antenna kit (longer range), rotorpixel gimbal (smoother video), lens filter kit better stills, topline hardcase for travel etc etc etc .... to me is fantastic and still has many possibilities ... but have seen other flyers opt out of a P2V and go for straight P2 with Zenmuse gimbal, Go Pro and better FPV setup and a lot have said they wished they had done that first .... ?? .... I thinks its all a bit new and each has their strengths and weaknesses, but Im still going with the P2V at this time ....

If you are happy with the video quality you get with your GoPro then perhaps move to a P2 (non-Vision). You can add FPV, iOSD telemetry, even Ground Station all with additional hardware. One thing you won't get is the full camera control at distance that you get via the app & Vision camera combo - the ability to start and stop video, take stills, adjust ISO or EV, etc all whilst in the air. The other thing you won't get out of the box is a 2-axis gimbal, either.

I've never owned a GoPro, and I'm not a pro-photographer or using my Vision for commercial purposes, just taking stills and vids to share around friends and family and post on YouTube and I love it. Especially that clever downlink to the app with things like radar display for orientation assistance, "find my Phantom" location tracking and the upcoming autonomous waypoint flying...

Pull_Up said:
If you are happy with the video quality you get with your GoPro then perhaps move to a P2 (non-Vision). You can add FPV, iOSD telemetry, even Ground Station all with additional hardware. One thing you won't get is the full camera control at distance that you get via the app & Vision camera combo - the ability to start and stop video, take stills, adjust ISO or EV, etc all whilst in the air. The other thing you won't get out of the box is a 2-axis gimbal, either.

I've never owned a GoPro, and I'm not a pro-photographer or using my Vision for commercial purposes, just taking stills and vids to share around friends and family and post on YouTube and I love it. Especially that clever downlink to the app with things like radar display for orientation assistance, "find my Phantom" location tracking and the upcoming autonomous waypoint flying...

Thanks for your input. I am kinda in the same boat as your last paragraph. I like all the features of the the Vision offers that I don't get with my GoPro.

I just wonder what I could get for the Phantom I have with all the extra's (minus the GoPro)?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20