Upgrading to new v3 Controller

Reaction score
Just purchased the new controller and haven't opened box...but will shortly. anything in particular to keep an eye out for or is it pretty straight forward? In some of the reviews of the upgrade some people suggested they experienced issues, but were somewhat vague as to the solution..thx for any suggestions

There should not be any issues at all. and is pretty straight forward. You just have to bind the new controller to the phantom and if you want the cam pitch knob to work you have to just go in the naza assistant and under the rc tab select upgraded transmitter. and that's it. There's nothing to calibrate or do unless for some reason your new controller is out of calibration which it shouldn't be if its brand new. and if it did need calibration if just a simple calibration from the naza assistant is the same as the old style radio. OR if you are way out of whack and need to do the advanced calibration which requires plugging in the remote and using the RC assistant its even easier then before being it dont even require opening up the remote now to plug in the usb

I did have to do the calibration on the camera tilt knob, at first it would flip the camera wildly from one extreme to the other when near the end of travel. After calibration it works great.

Others have already mentioned calibration. I found the new controller gets me about 300 - 700 feet LESS than my old remote. Unfortunately I did the antenna mod on it already so it's too late to return it. I should have tested it's range before I opened it up. In fairness, I may have messed something up or it may just be more sensitive to the mod than my old one. Who knows. Either way check yours out and make sure you like it before you crack the case on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20