upgrading the transmitter

Reaction score
The search function on this site is absolutely useless.

Anyways, I have heard several people talk about upgrading the transmitter as this is a good way to eliminate non user-error flyaways. Can anyone elaborate? What kind of transmitter? price? how hard is it to do? Do you lose or gain any features?

Spektrum DX8 or Futaba T8J are the most popular choices.
More powerful transmitters and have better range / less susceptible to interference.

It's easy to do if you are happy taking your Phantom to pieces and re-wiring the connections to the Naza controller.

+1 for Rilots post - Futaba T8J or 8FG are great units and require less internal wiring than the DX8 (Sbus = one cable into the naza). The DX8 though does have telemetry.

Loads of vids on youtube on how its done (HPIguy/wheels guide for Futuaba T8J is truly excellent and has helped many many people out).
I paid £220 for my T8J which comes with a very good R2008B reciever.

It won't 100% guartentee problems but should go a LONG way to helping. They will give you 1.5-2km range. They all have memories which allow you to use the set on several models (planes, heli's etc). Little things help too like programmable timers and the ability to slow down the yaw rates for panning around via the flick of a switch.

Best mod I've ever done for the Phantom nice to know I can upgrade to bigger better things now too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers