Upgrading the gimbal

Reaction score
Ok guys here goes
I was flying my Phantom before a storm came a few months ago(wanted a pic of the storm before I got too close)

I had it in Atti mode and the take off went smooth and easy but about the time I got it into position a gust of wind caught it

So I bring it back down quickly while trying to avoid hitting something(besides the ground)

The result was one broken prop and a broken gimbal mount on the camera(camera works btw)

I need to know is this a good gimbal to get or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321413210657?redirect=mobile

I am wanting to get it back into flying shape before we get any snow here as I already missed the peak color time back in fall(major bummer)
Also will I need to take apart my phantom in any way to change the gimbal

If anyone knows of a better gimbal for around the same price I am all ears

Bump anyone?

I think its a toss of a coin if you get it working. There's some threads on here with people having problems.

Anyone got any suggestions I would hate to get a dud

Cyclone I have seen the rotorpixal gimbals(nice but pricey)
Crash1sttime they are the same as the one in my link(which is a us seller)
What I am afraid of is my cousin may crash it and damage the gimbal(I already have done it due to a mishap with wind once not chancing a second time)

I may take a gamble on the ebay one and see if it works out if not then I can always get my money back and put it on a second phantom :) while keeping this on for my cousins to fly without the camera

Ok guys
I will watch the video on the gimbal it's good to know I am at least getting one that's a good brand

I am getting a vision plus to go with this one so I may transfer the guts from the phantom shell to a different frame to break up the cloned look

Just watched the video(info overload for me)

Can't wait to see how it will do over the stock

Thanks for the help guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik