Upgrading Props

Reaction score
I've seen a fair amount of info recommending that the props be upgraded but I'm having a hard time getting a handle on this.

It seems that the original Phantom had 8" props, the Vision has 9.5" props.
Most of the sites that list the props have 8" or 10" and everything I've seen so far is "out of stock".

Will the 8" be enough to lift the Vision? The 10" won't fit so it seems that I've not been able to find any alternative to the stock props which do seem to be available. I did find a set of 9" but they have been "discontinued".

Whats the deal with the props?

Im in the same boat brother. I will need a set in the future. My learning curve is getting better but I feel better with the spares around. Here is a post that has already started.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3873

Good luck. I'll let you now what I find out if you'll do the same.

P.S. I am thinking of getting a set of the 8" to use with the prop guards. they aren't super expensive and I can get them from my local shop (Aerialmediapros). If I do I'll let you know how they do. But my guess is less flying time and slower response.

James

I went over to Aerialmediapros and picked up the 8" self tightening props and put them and the prop guards on. It still flew great. I should have timed it but with the additional weight and smaller props I'm guessing I still flew 15min+ maybe 20 but I can't say with certainty. So I'm very happy about having the yards on and being able to get props readily. That said they did say that they were going to have some (the 9.5") in store in the next week...alot. So thats cool too. I also asked there guru flyers about the CF props etc. They said that the stock ones are the way to go. That's the sum of it but they said that the new ones are very good and there is nothing to gain by going to CF props. In some cases can make it worse. Interesting. These guys do this for a living so I figured I'd take that advice. Now ya know.

James

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4