Upgrading phantom

Reaction score
Its time to upgrade motor and prop. And money is not a problem does anybody have any suggestions or whats the best i added a gimble, dual batts, fpv, and all the goodies now i feelits under powered please help to many options i just want to make the rifht purchase. Thank you guys for all ur input

Re: Upgrading phantom

This thread ended up in the section for stickies (important reference info), I'll go ahead and move it over to the Phantom 1 section...which is what I assume you have?

As for your upgrade, I would suggest DJI's E300 motor set, and the P2-type props that come with them...excellent performance from both for the money.

You'll see a lot of people using the T-motor anti-gravity motors on the Phantom, I used them for quite a while but they never did anything for me that justified the price difference.

Those were the 2 that i been looking at..e300 looks like a good deal also for what you get thanks for the info

OI Photography said:
This thread ended up in the section for stickies (important reference info), I'll go ahead and move it over to the Phantom 1 section...which is what I assume you have?

As for your upgrade, I would suggest DJI's E300 motor set, and the P2-type props that come with them...excellent performance from both for the money.

You'll see a lot of people using the T-motor anti-gravity motors on the Phantom, I used them for quite a while but they never did anything for me that justified the price difference.

Hey Ol... I just bought and received the DJI E300 kit but have yet to install it. Any pointers on the install?

DesertFlyer53 said:
OI Photography said:

Hey Ol... I just bought and received the DJI E300 kit but have yet to install it. Any pointers on the install?

They'll install just like a set of stock Phantom motors, but if you've never done it that won't be much help lol.

The best advice I can give when replacing the original motors is to consider putting in bullet connectors instead of just soldering straight to the board. This way it's easy to reverse leads if any of the motors spin in the wrong direction after being wired up (swapping any two of the three connections will change the direction of spin), and if you ever need to swap any or all motors in the future it makes things a lot easier. I did it back when I first put in the T-motors last year, and it's paid of several times since. Here's some pics from one of the swaps showing the bullet connectors:

fxzaqe2l.jpg

jO2UxBIl.jpg

OI Photography said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
OI Photography said:

They'll install just like a set of stock Phantom motors, but if you've never done it that won't be much help lol.

The best advice I can give when replacing the original motors is to consider putting in bullet connectors instead of just soldering straight to the board. This way it's easy to reverse leads if any of the motors spin in the wrong direction after being wired up (swapping any two of the three connections will change the direction of spin), and if you ever need to swap any or all motors in the future it makes things a lot easier. I did it back when I first put in the T-motors last year, and it's paid of several times since. Here's some pics from one of the swaps showing the bullet connectors:

fxzaqe2l.jpg

jO2UxBIl.jpg

Great idea with the bullet connectors. I've not considered doing this upgrade because of the intricate soldering. Might think about it now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31