Upgrading from P2V+ to P3P or P4?

• P3P

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P4

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hey Pilots,

I did not really wanted to post this in P2 or P3 forums, as I find this forum to be most active.

I own P2V+ since June 2014 and I'm enjoying flying it. However, there are few drawbacks. The video/photo quality is OK for hobby use, but not good enough for potential business application (compression, fish eye etc). The range on P2V+ is rather limited. I had lost both video and control signals while copter was as close as 600 meters. There are no "point of interest" and "follow me" modes AFAIK on P2V+, but I'd like to take advantage of this and maybe P4 new modes. GPS/compass positioning of the copter is not perfect - it does always not hover in place even in windless condition.

So, the question: to upgrade to P3P or P4? (Assuming money is not critical issue - wife said "OK" to up to $1800 CAD. Yes, that's pretty much the conversion from $US1400)... I can wait about a month to see if some of problems got fixed by DJI FW upgrades or otherwise, as it still cold and gloomy here is Ontario and not as fun to fly...

Thanks,
Konstantin aka EyesOfCanadaGoose.

Assuming money is not a deciding factor, I would personally go with the latest and greatest -- the Phantom 4. The changes mentioned in this thread are worth the price difference in my mind.

Reactions: Techcop50
I had the P2V+ to start with... sold it and got the P3 and was truly amazed at the difference. I now own the P4 too and appreciate all the upgrades and bells and whistles. I just like to stay up with the latest and greatest. I guess it will depend on your budget but if you can afford it I would go with the P4.

If not, find the P3P for 1/2 what the P4 would cost and learn all the new features and abilities. There is plenty of outside apps that make it do just about anything you would like. Either way you won't be disappointed!

P3 is like an iPhone 4
P4 is like an iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

as it still cold and gloomy here is Ontario and not as fun to fly...

Hmmmm.......let me think.....P3 or P4............

That's a tough one.........let me think of some of the "Pros and Cons"............

longer flight time (every minute counts)....shorter re-charge time (more flying time).....more flight modes - autonomous - (active track and tap n fly)..........

ummmm.....sport mode (if ya like fast flying)......hmm what's that other "little" thingy.......oh ya.....obstacle avoidance (while flying forward and not in sports mode)

Of course... the biggest Pro of all..........the wife green lighted ya!

Cons..........if I buy the P3A/P...........I know I will love either BUT I'm gonna say.........."**** I wish I had gotten the P4"

If ya still can't quite make up your mind - find a coin with a head on each side........"call tails for the P3A/P and heads for the P4"...........that should settle it for ya!

Another Ontario flyer eh ---------- I'm an hour west of Toronto! Ya I hear ya on the weather!

LOL. Thank you folks for all your replies! Made me smile. Really appreciate opinions and time put in replying. I'll sit tight for a week or two, will watch the forum and other "feeds" and will make my very informed decision towards P4. :)

Thanks,
Konstantin aka EyesOfCanadaGoose.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl