Upgrading from H3-2D to H4-3D possible? (P2 v1 + H3-2D + iOSD Mini + Fatshark FPV)

Reaction score
hi fellow phantom pilots,
i've been struggling to find info on how to upgrade/replace my h3-2d gimbal with h4-3d, or is it even possible....

currently, i have phantom 2 (version 1) with h3-2d, iOSD Mini and Fatshark FPV (with goggles). Everything is working perfect right now but I really want a 3D gimbal. I would like to know if i can just purchase new h4-3d and replace my old h3-2d? i do realize i would have to dremel out the opening at the p2 bottom to fit the new h4-3d, but once that is done, is it simply the matter of installing it and inserting the existing 8-pin cable in h4-3d and i am good to go? also, according to my research my Hero 3+ black edition will work just fine in h4-3d.

so, to sum it up here are my questions:

1. can i purchase h4-3d, then remove my h3-2d, dremel out the opening at the bottom, install new h4-3d and plug in existing 8-pin cable that currently goes in h3-2d? of course, add interference board as well. anything special i should be considering here?
2. do i need to worry about using my GoPro HERO 3+ Black with H4-3d? (temporarily, until i purchase new H4 or H4+)
3. should i get h3-3d instead of h4-3d? (i am planning to get new hero 4 later so that's why i prefer h4-3d)

thank you in advance :)

Welcome to the forum !
I have the same bird P2 (v)1 H3 2D . I am doing some customizing of both my P1 & P2 and one of the changes to the P2 is a 3D gimbal so I was in the same boat as you . I have a GP4B and was stuck between the H4 or the H3 I ended up choosing the H3 the reasons for me are I am on 1.8 version and do not want to upgrade and their is a H3 made for the P2 only (v)1 not sure what the difference is between the P2 (only) & the other 3D but the H4 dose not say P2 only version I could have dug deeper but I know for a fact the H3 works with the 1.8 and GP4B .I am NOT saying the H4 will not work I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in .
GL!

Welcome to the forum !
I have the same bird P2 (v)1 H3 2D . I am doing some customizing of both my P1 & P2 and one of the changes to the P2 is a 3D gimbal so I was in the same boat as you . I have a GP4B and was stuck between the H4 or the H3 I ended up choosing the H3 the reasons for me are I am on 1.8 version and do not want to upgrade and their is a H3 made for the P2 only (v)1 not sure what the difference is between the P2 (only) & the other 3D but the H4 dose not say P2 only version I could have dug deeper but I know for a fact the H3 works with the 1.8 and GP4B .I am NOT saying the H4 will not work I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in .
GL!

thank you, so did you simply remove h3-2d and replace it with h3-3d? what did you have to do to make this happen, is there any videos i can watch?

Yes I added the interference board that comes with the P2 only all seems fine I have not taken it out yet still doing some mods to her + the weather sucks right now .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Do some more research like I said before the H4 might work for you . I changed my shell to the newer body some here have just cut a bigger hole and some have used the extender but your cam will hit with stock landing gear .
Sorry for the late response got called out of town .

Yes I added the interference board that comes with the P2 only all seems fine I have not taken it out yet still doing some mods to her + the weather sucks right now .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Do some more research like I said before the H4 might work for you . I changed my shell to the newer body some here have just cut a bigger hole and some have used the extender but your cam will hit with stock landing gear .
Sorry for the late response got called out of town .
Thanks. I got H3-3D after all and dji part10 with extended landing gear and adapter. Looks like everything will work just fine. I should get H3-3d delivered tomorrow and will know for sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen