Upgrading from FC40

Reaction score
Hi everyone-

I'm considering upgrading from the FC40 and have a couple of basic questions- first, are the landing gear on the Vision and Vision+ the same height out of the box? Two- if they are, do you guys recommend moving to the taller LG? And finally, does anyone make a good hard case that fits the Vision+ with the taller gear? If looked on this last question but have been seeing conflicting reviews/statements on cases and nothing that definitely states "fits taller gear". Thanks in advance for your help!

You sound like a salesman, trying to sell your LG here. Because you are asking some questions you already know the answer to !

yali said:
You sound like a salesman, trying to sell your LG here. Because you are asking some questions you already know the answer to !

Wow, didn't see that coming at all, troll hunter. No, I don't know the answers. That's why I'm asking. Why would I try to sell $20 LG? That's ridiculous :roll: . Just asking a couple of basic questions so I know if the + fits into a case designed for the Vision, if higher LG is recommended, and if so if there is a hard case available that accommodates higher gear. As I mentioned I've read conflicting/confusing info on cases that do/don't fit the + and the reviews never mention the LG height.

yali said:

How so?

No mention of selling anything that I saw.

Was it edited since your post?

I did the upgrade from the FC40 to V2+ last month.

I don't think there is an off the shelf case that will take the taller landing gear, unless you splash out on a very deep peli case.

I kept my long legs from FC40 but I have not fitted them to my V2+

With the camera shields available here from at least 2 sellers I feel happy with the clearance given to the camera so far.

robinb said:
I did the upgrade from the FC40 to V2+ last month.

I don't think there is an off the shelf case that will take the taller landing gear, unless you splash out on a very deep peli case.

I kept my long legs from FC40 but I have not fitted them to my V2+

With the camera shields available here from at least 2 sellers I feel happy with the clearance given to the camera so far.

Thanks, robinb. Just to clarify- is the out of the box LG the same height on the Vision and the + or does the + come with taller gear? I guess that's the simplest answer I need! Thanks again.

all the phantoms have the same landing gear. i did some research on getting longer landing gear but some will get in the way of video, and some are just too long to fit into any hard cases. i'm thinking about making landing gears that i can hand screw it in prior to flying.

Onezerosix141 said:
all the phantoms have the same landing gear. i did some research on getting longer landing gear but some will get in the way of video, and some are just too long to fit into any hard cases. i'm thinking about making landing gears that i can hand screw it in prior to flying.

That answers my question, thanks! DJI's website would lead one to believe that they might be different since they list gear specific to model.

Would be cool to have some sort of quick detach, hand screwed gear that could be quickly switched out.

Onezerosix141 said:

Anyone making a retractable gear for the Phantom line yet?

retractable sounds great but i think it adds too much weight. another though is landing gear works sort of like a protection for the gimbal. very 1st day i went to fly my P2V+, i hit a post going pretty fast. i saw it sort of wrap around & get slammed into the group & bounced. if i had retractable landing gear, i would be flying gimbal-less P2V+ right now lol

here's the video of when i hit the post ^_^ http://youtu.be/g4EMN2AszU4

Yikes!

I think a carbon fiber gear wouldn't add much weight, but would obviously need to be careful about the gimbal/camera when flying.

Anyone have any photos of their V+ flipped on it's back? Trying to see how much space is between the gimbal/camera mount and the edge of the battery bay for possible GPS tracker attachment. Obviously I haven't bought my bird yet, but I'm thinking ahead. Every time I read about a flyaway I grind my teeth...

There's enough room behind the gimbal. You'll have to take good pic of the serial sticker before attaching the GPS unit.
I won't be able to post a pic right now but YouTube "Flytrex Phantom" and should see some

Yamasung said:
Onezerosix141 said:

Anyone making a retractable gear for the Phantom line yet?
I'd like to see that 7th channel lever used to implement retractable landing gear (not that you need to retract it since the camera can't see it, but it would be cool).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj