Upgraded to v3 and holding my breath !

Reaction score
With all these problems I'm reading about v3.0 , I'm just waiting for my P2V to fall out of the sky at any time soon.

I'm just wondering how many people (like me) are flying around problem free with v3.0. In fact and dare I say it , mine seems to be flying even better with the latest updates. However until these issues get sorted, I think I'll keep the bird over open fields just to be safe.

I'd love to go back to v3, I did like the limit on descent, that's why upgraded to v2 in the first place but 2 and v3 on my P2 had severe flight control issues, primarily would not stay at elevation when hovering, sometimes dropped as much as 3', and then even worse when I would move forward or backward it would progressively lose elevation as well so I was forced to constantly add throttle, which I never have to do on v1.08. Also I had big j hook issues when doing big pull backs and altitude increase simultaneously. Keep me posted I'd love to to v2 at least for the rapid descent limit but not at the expense of control.

I just got my replacement P2V and went back to Ver 1.08 without issues and the old 1.38 vision app for android..... I will stay here forever I guess..... I too had hovering flight instability with v2 and v3 and was the happiest with 1.08 so this is where I will stay.

How are you guys rolling back to previous firmwares. I'd like to try V3 but won't do it unless I know for a fact I can go back to previous versions.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

rfernandez said:
I rolled it back to 1.08 didn't like the restrictions.

Edit> 3.0 wont keep the idiots from flying where they shouldn't.

How were you able to go back to previous firmwares on your Vision? I want to try V3 but don't want to do it unless I know how to go back to the previous version.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens

Mossie said:
With all these problems I'm reading about v3.0 , I'm just waiting for my P2V to fall out of the sky at any time soon.

I'm just wondering how many people (like me) are flying around problem free with v3.0. In fact and dare I say it , mine seems to be flying even better with the latest updates. However until these issues get sorted, I think I'll keep the bird over open fields just to be safe.
The location shown in your signature has only half a degree of magnetic declination. Those of us who have been having trouble with 3.0 are primarily flying in locations with 10 or more degrees of declination.

Bigbells said:
Mossie said:

The location shown in your signature has only half a degree of magnetic declination. Those of us who have been having trouble with 3.0 are primarily flying in locations with 10 or more degrees of declination.

Yes, good point. Is there anybody in the UK having problems with v 3.0 ?

Edit. In fact I'll start a new post to see how many people in this part of the world are having problems with the upgrade.

Mmm
Just thinking this may be what's up with mine
Yesterday upgrade to v3
Fly in field, sunny clear day no wind
When hovering noticed it's not happy
Not level
Sometimes when at distance and in neutral stick position, see the thing moving About like it's looking for someone...
Left right up down
Unnerving for sure
On iPhone app had to drop resolution down to 15fps at 320 to keep the view on the phone as suggested in other thread

Would like to know if anyone else has same in control issues since 3

Am in UK

Would those that have rolled back please post files or links to older versions and can you explain how you did it. I want to give the new version a try but i'm scared of getting stuck with dodgy firmware :|

007trains said:
Would those that have rolled back please post files or links to older versions and can you explain how you did it. I want to give the new version a try but i'm scared of getting stuck with dodgy firmware :|

I've managed to roll back to version 1.08, calibrated and all seems ok but not had a chance to fly it. There doesn't seem to be any way of getting back to V2.0 so I'll stick with 1.08 in the mean time.

btw I used this link to get back to 1.08 http://bradatech.com/xPedRobo/shop/index.php?main_page=page_3

Bigbells said:
Mossie said:

I'm on Ver 3.0(Phoenix,AZ) and it seems to be flying decently (so far). No J hook that I've noticed and fairly stable considering I'm new to this. I bring it to a hover at eye level to check the battery fairly often when I'm flying and it's held very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31