Upgraded to Inspire 1 this week

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I had waterlogged my Phantom 2/IOSD/GoPro4 at the beginning of the year. Finally was getting around to deciding on a Phantom 2/GoPro replacement but definitely upping to the Lightbridge FPV system. For my own flying/filming I just found that the IOSD/Black Pearl monitor for FPV wasn't cutting it for me. Plenty of static unless you are flying within range with next to no line of sight blockage between the remote and the P2.

I was ready with credit card in hand speaking to my dealer. He was fine with my new order details, until the last minute when he said "you know, for a couple hundred dollars more you can move up to an Inspire 1, right now you're basically Frankensteining a P2 to do what an Inspire does 10 times better, out of the box..." . He was right, but I decided to upgrade to an iPad Air 2 as FPV monitor for Lightbridge.

About 5 minutes later I ordered the Inspire 1. Arrived 2 days later, and I've been familiarizing myself with the cool amount of learning curve regarding the massive amount of control this system brings. Looking to fly it for the first time this weekend weather permitting. All I can say, really looking forward to what DJI will be putting into the upcoming Phantom 3, because what they've achieved with the Inspire 1 is incredible. There is just too much amazing detail dialed into the Inspire not to be shared with the P3.

Met some great colleagues in this forum, learned a lot! Will continue to check in weekly.

- John

Congratulations John!!! Look after her.
I've heard they are very very hard to repair after a mishap - like a cracked vase, it cannot be perfectly repaired unless you send back to DJI.

Hey Guys,

I had waterlogged my Phantom 2/IOSD/GoPro4 at the beginning of the year. Finally was getting around to deciding on a Phantom 2/GoPro replacement but definitely upping to the Lightbridge FPV system. For my own flying/filming I just found that the IOSD/Black Pearl monitor for FPV wasn't cutting it for me. Plenty of static unless you are flying within range with next to no line of sight blockage between the remote and the P2.

I was ready with credit card in hand speaking to my dealer. He was fine with my new order details, until the last minute when he said "you know, for a couple hundred dollars more you can move up to an Inspire 1, right now you're basically Frankensteining a P2 to do what an Inspire does 10 times better, out of the box..." . He was right, but I decided to upgrade to an iPad Air 2 as FPV monitor for Lightbridge.

About 5 minutes later I ordered the Inspire 1. Arrived 2 days later, and I've been familiarizing myself with the cool amount of learning curve regarding the massive amount of control this system brings. Looking to fly it for the first time this weekend weather permitting. All I can say, really looking forward to what DJI will be putting into the upcoming Phantom 3, because what they've achieved with the Inspire 1 is incredible. There is just too much amazing detail dialed into the Inspire not to be shared with the P3.

Met some great colleagues in this forum, learned a lot! Will continue to check in weekly.

- John
Hey john..
good choice on the inspire. .
if you haven't joined inspirepilots.com then I invite you to join..
turbo. .

Thanks Guys,

Hey Turbo, I'm already signed up there.

useless.png

I have never come close to $3K with my Phantom including iOSD, VTX, etc. I'm not even sure what I could ever buy for my P2 that could get the price close to $3K. Actually, I have two fully loaded P2's and together they might be close to $3K.

Reactions: cokeaddict
I have never come close to $3K with my Phantom including iOSD, VTX, etc. I'm not even sure what I could ever buy for my P2 that could get the price close to $3K. Actually, I have two fully loaded P2's and together they might be close to $3K.
couldnt work that one out either. No way a P2 can add up to that much.

Also.. with regards to static.. you'll still need to fly the Inspire 1 in a way that there are no objects between you an it... there'll be no static to warn of a bad signal.. just a blank screen.

Analogue still has a lot going for it... :)

Yeah. It should be called Lightwallet :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik