P3 Firmware upgraded to 1.4 now i have compass error

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive just upgraded to 1.4 and now instantly have a compass error (there was nothing wrong with compass before the upgrade).

The app is saying there is electromagnetic interference even after re-calibrating the compass. This seems very strange to me as I always upgrade and calibrate in the same place of my house, and there is not metal around, and previously no problems.

Any solutions to this guys?

Many thanks in advance.

Compass is quite unlikely to be related to firmware change.
It's the compass telling you that it's detecting an electromagnetic influence more than it expects due to the earth's magnetic field.
Take it somewhere else - open area away from possible interference and try again following instructions in the manual.

Compass is quite unlikely to be related to firmware change.
It's the compass telling you that it's detecting an electromagnetic influence more than it expects due to the earth's magnetic field.
Take it somewhere else - open area away from possible interference and try again following instructions in the manual.

I thought exactly the same which is why I am confused:

1. There was no compass error with phantom placed on the flat floor of my living room (where I have upgraded it many times, and played with it many times in terms of testing things), however, after upgrading (in exact same spot as before) there was an instant compass error - the phantom had not been moved.

2. I went into the desert (cant get much more open than that) and still same problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl