Upgraded the extender to RE700

Not meeeee my bowls start to go then hell brakes loose:D fill sorry for me wife, she's got to clean up after me:eek:
blank stare.png
...say it ain't so o_O

Reactions: Clampit
Unfortunately, tests with reloaded apps did not go well. With the Litchi app, I lost the WiFi connection at 150 feet straight up. With the DJI app, I could go out to about 400' with intermittent drops. Video was set at 320x249x15. With the 500 I could get 900-1000 feet at 640x480x15. I will try the 500 again tonight to see if it is a problem with the extender, or bird.

Can't help ya there ken, I won't use nothing but the DJI app and know nothing about the Litchi app .
I do know flying straight up unless you know how to aim your extender is an easy way to lose WiFi.
I live where there's really no noise and could get over 3000' with the 700 and could go farther than
my 5.8 would let me as I would watch in FPV go to RTH and turn around .You need a place with no interference
and be high to get your best distance . Aim is everything with that extender . Good luck
Also I always was at 240x30

I agree with @dirkclod that aim is everything. The base of the antenae is the strongest part so if you are flying directly overhead, then having it straight up and down (as in normal flying) would not be beneficial. Having said that, you should be getting better connections with the RE700 vs the RE500 as you obviously know how to fly. I like your idea of going back to stock configuration for a test flight, as that will point to the culprit right off.

Good luck

Reactions: dirkclod
My new test plan is:
- Fly with the RE500 to validate that it isn't a problem with the bird or phone.
- Test with Airplane Mode On
- Turn of the power saving features of the GlaxayS5
- Try all the above with my old Galaxy S3 that I used to get consistent 1000 ft flights with.

My new test plan is:
- Fly with the RE500 to validate that it isn't a problem with the bird or phone.
- Test with Airplane Mode On
- Turn of the power saving features of the GlaxayS5
- Try all the above with my old Galaxy S3 that I used to get consistent 1000 ft flights with.
I always fly with airplane mode on, don't want to get any interference while flying, yep I've had it while flying my phone starts to ring.....:eek:

I always fly with airplane mode on, don't want to get any interference while flying, yep I've had it while flying my phone starts to ring.....:eek:
Well did ya answer ?

now that I think about it, with my old S3 I had a Tasker profile that started airplane mode when I started either the DJI app or Litchi.
Success! The answer was airplane mode. Flew out to 1564 feet, well out of sight behind a building and trees when FPV dropped. I initiated failsafe and waited and hoped it was coming back. The poo moment was bad until I saw it coming back. It never regained FPV all the way to the ground, and my video was corrupted. But it all works! Thanks to all for your guidance.

I sometimes wonder how accurate the data is when using the iPhone DJI app and to be honest I am torn between keeping my eye on the aircraft and looking down at the iPhone screen. The little Flytrex data collector seems to be more accurate and I can look at it later.

This morning I flew down the airfield a little over 400M into a bit of a headwind without losing my connection. I snapped a few photos then came back at full stick with the wind behind the aircraft. Once I got home and uploaded the Flytrex data, it said I was going 65.89 KMH (new record) and I probably wouldn't have known that just by looking at the DJI app.

I'm continually impressed with the RE700.

I am too jumper , best mod for the money in MO ! I don't use the Flytrex and just the app and the only time I am in LOS is getting out of LOS .
You must have been in ATTI as that's where I get the most speed and what I always fly in to go long .
Am sure ya know this but when I am going fast like that I always slow up before I go back to GPS . I have never had it happen but have read in here where some say that could spin a prop off . Might be the P3 that does that but that's just what I do . Good speed !!
Get ya a good wind and try it and it will shock ya how fast it will go !

I was in Course Lock but I had a tail wind dirk. I've read where props have come off as well but I'm not sure why that happens. I always make small stick adjustments anyway as I'm sure that sudden movements are not good for the airframe anyway.You know I'm going to try ATTI now. haha

Well never really messed with cl much just atti and hl and use them both a lot . Always after I take of check my hl just to be sure I'm good to get gone . I also like it when coming back I can yaw back and forth and stay on my line coming home . Now when I do get back if I have any battery left I will be in GPS and really cut up with it doing hard and fast cutbacks and other stupid stuff to finish off the battery and never had that prop issue but when going over 50 coming back I will just let it coast till she gets slower before I do make that change .
I do try and always fly in the wind and sometimes just get high and use atti to see which way it drifts so I know which way to go .
That prop issue I believe is with the P3 and Inspire.... the braking thing it has .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20