Upgraded software now motors wont start

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbe to this group and hobby. Just got my PV. After a few problems, I upgraded to the new software, now the motors wont start. I did recalibrate the sticks. Any ideas?

I did that too. When I talked to DJI support in LA, he thought it was an error in the new software. No one else seems to be having the problem though, at least it's not posted here.

I would double check it again.

First calibrate the controller in the RC assistant and then after calibrate the controller in the Phantom assistant.

xgeek said:
I would double check it again.

First calibrate the controller in the RC assistant and then after calibrate the controller in the Phantom assistant.

+1

It's common to need to do both of those calibrations following any firmware update.

Unlikely to be the issue but just in case.... worth checking to make sure you aren't plump in the middle of a DJI no fly zone as that will stop your motors. ;) Out of interest on that matter have you tried using it outside yet? Possible that the GPS thinks it is in a no fly zone because its not seen a GPS signal yet (I have nooooooo idea whether that could even be it but hey I'll throw it out there).

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Recalibrated everything as advised. Tried mode 2 also. We are 25 miles from any controlled airport airspace. I might have to send it back to dji for repair. Bummer, it's brand new

If you put the phantom into Naza mode then power it up what colours do the lights flash? This might give us a clue what the problem is.

Can you take a screenshot of the main info screen in the Assistant software, while the Phantom is connected to the PC and your controller is on with both sticks in the CSC positions you use to start the motors?

photo attached

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 412
I know this is silly, but my Vision has never started well using the usual sticks position, so I always start it by placing the sticks in the lower outside corners (7 and 5 PM). Have you tried this?

usaken said:
photo attached

Perfect, that helps a lot. To confirm real quick...both your sticks were both pushed all the way down and towards the inside (towards each other) when you took that pic, yes? If so, it looks like both axis on your right stick have gotten reversed...it's an easy fix I can show you.

usaken said:
Thanks for all your help. Yes I did try all four corner positions. Would appreciate knowing the stick position repair

No problem! Try this...click the "Basic" section in the Assistant software, and look on the RC tab. The two buttons marked in the picture below will say "REV" or "NORM." Whatever those two (and only those two) say currently, click them so they say the opposite.
gQEq773l.jpg

This will reverse those two channels (the two on the right stick), and from what I can see that should allow you to start with the CSC command.

Bird is now alive!! Thanks for your advise and patience. When I made the stick changes she started right up. Now, do I need to recalibrate the sticks? If so does it have to be done in both the regular assistant and RC assistant? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj