Upgraded my P3A camera to 4K

Any logic required to activate the fan (assuming it doesn't run whenever power is applied?) would be incorporated into the gimbal circuitry.

That's what I'm thinking.... DJI support seems to be overseas and knows nothing lol so they are probably just making the driver thing up so people don't start upgrading themselves with the advanced price so low right now

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's what I'm thinking.... DJI support seems to be overseas and knows nothing lol so they are probably just making the driver thing up so people don't start upgrading themselves with the advanced price so low right now

There's nothing to do. You have a REAL P3P, that has fan, camera and logic of a P3P. You then need P3P firmware P3X_*.bin.
Camera rules !! MC board is the same for both P3A and P3P.

Will the gimbal fan work? I think that is the only issue right now.

It should as that item is updated by firmware as a discreet element. Mine only turns on when it gets warm/is running it would appear. I think there are some variations based on the revision of the gimbal camera assembly I suspect.

Yes, unless it is broken, it will work. My P3P fans stay on all the time but this was on 1.3.2 firmware. Now, with 1.6 I didn't check it.

I just checked mine(Band new w323a new motors p3pro) ... Powered up, lightbridge fan running but gimbal/camera fan off ... After running and shooting some 4K for about 5 min .. Landed and Checked again gimbal camera fan is now on. It must come on at a certain temp (just a guess)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

But you have a P3P correct? We need someone with a P3A with a 4k camera to verify if the fan works properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked mine(Band new w323a new motors p3pro) ... Powered up, lightbridge fan running but gimbal/camera fan off ... After running and shooting some 4K for about 5 min .. Landed and Checked again gimbal camera fan is now on. It must come on at a certain temp (just a guess)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bingo.

Just took my P3P up, no fan spinning when props not spinning. I have no idea if it spins when props are live, can see that without danger. I believe the fan on the w323 and the revision of the gimble/camera that somes with it spins either when in flight or when heat rises above a defined level.

I flew around the yard and took still pictures, landed. Left drone on an connected no fan running and I have a P3P. Conclusion is it only runs if chips exceed a certain temp (this is the way similar fans work in my career world).

Last edited:
I have a w323a and mine was spinning after I landed , I also transferred a large 4K video via DJI go to my iPad and it fired up ??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: did3d
I'm sure the camera's fan speed is based on the internal temperature of it's internal chips.

I wonder if the actual camera parts are the same between the advanced and professional; just the main board and added fan are the only differences?

If so, I could just get a P3 professional camera's motherboard from a broken one for cheap and install in the original P3 advanced version camera. If you ONLY needed the main camera PCB and fan, the upgrade could get cheaper with no need to fix a wrecked camera.

Now I am wondering what kind of PCB the new 4k model has. I doubt it is the same as the P3 professional

Hello
I have a Phantom 3 ADvanced and I notice that my steaming video is bad you can see that on my video :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I find info that the bitrate for streaming is 2mbs for advanced and 10mbs for pro
if I change the modul camera for a pro one.
can you guaranted me that the streaming will be better at 10 mbps.
please help me.

please can you post a video like mine with P3P juste the same movment of camera on flore. to compar.
thanks

Hello
I have a Phantom 3 ADvanced and I notice that my steaming video is bad you can see that on my video :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I find info that the bitrate for streaming is 2mbs for advanced and 10mbs for pro
if I change the modul camera for a pro one.
can you guaranted me that the streaming will be better at 10 mbps.
please help me.

please can you post a video like mine with P3P juste the same movment of camera on flore. to compar.
thanks

How did you pull this video?

its the video record on app file inside iphone 6 dji go app
it s exactly what I See on my iphone
youtube do not add noise.

Last edited:
Found a broken P3P from local Craigslist for cheap. This kid just had it for 3 days and already crashed it. Drone was broken but camera and gimbal were still in good shape. Had to clean it up a bit and replaced the back plate of the gimbal. Swapped out the 4K camera and I am in the process of upgrading the firmware on my P3A to P3P firmware. Will report back after a test flight.

*ice* does the fan on the top of your P3P gimbal ever come on?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31