Upgraded from V2 to V2+ - Questions to you all....

Reaction score
Choices, choices, choices….

OK here is where I am at…. Early last week I had a Vision 2, I eagerly upgraded to the new DJI Vision App 1.0.45 and all went to crap. I even contacted DJI via email and personally on their support line (lost 1 hr of my life that is gone forever) to a response summarized as “really?, never heard of a problem. Send in and here is your RMA #”. Email from asking for answers and then stating I had to have 5GB free on iPhone etc… responded to by me to have a reply “send in here is your RMA #” Give me a break. I just received the drone for X-mas, flown about a dozen times and now after three weeks I have to send it in for who knows how long? Really DJI?

Options were return to Amazon – which I did, received refund and I have now a V2+ V3 I think… I am now a happy V2+ owner. It came w Upgraded Controller (Gimbal knob) LiPo batteries etc… and I have fired it up… on DJI Vision app 1.043. Everything appears good.
Status is:
Vision App 1.0.43
Camera Firmware 1.2.9g
Naza-M 3.08

I tried Vision App 1.0.46 next to see where it would lead me and it performed as expected with a crash… I know I can upgrade the camera to 1.3, the Naza to 3.1 but the bigger question to all the V2+ owners is should I? Last week was hell, no flight time and I now have a new quad that even if on older firmware works…. Should I chance another debacle and round with DJI support?

What would you do?

general rule of thumb with DJI updates. If your bird is flying the way you want it, don't upgrade anything. Wait for the initial wave of early beta testers to give a thumbs up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl