upgraded board - can't connect to computer

Reaction score
I have a vs. 1.1.1 Phantom. I was able to connect with my computer and run usual driver install, etc... It flew fine. I got the Zenmuse and the upgrade kit and installed the new board. When I power up I get the normal Phantom startup and lights.

When I try to connect to my pc (tried Vista and 7), as soon as I plug in the USB I get a warning that the device isn't recognized. I try to do the firmware upgrade and it says nothing to upgrade. I've popped the top and checked and all seems fine.

Since it seems the computer doesn't connect to the Phantom I can't install new drivers or run the NAZA of course. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

Try wiggling the micro USB plug that goes in to the LED board in the Phantom, it seems that's pretty easy to bump just enough to make the connection fail. It could have happened when you put in the new board, and you wouldn't be able to spot it from a general visual inspection. You're probably getting just a very very faint green light from the LED right now, once you have a good connection again it'll go to the full steady green light and windows should see the phantom as a connected device.

If that doesn't work, disconnect it from the LED board completely, and test with a different cable (any standard micro USB cord will do, odds are you have one for your cellphone).

I popped the top and checked the USB connection and even tried another cable and it still isn't working. The computer sees it, but gives a message that the device is bad and to replace it. I am getting normal strong lights from the main LED.

I am noticing with the top off that there is a small light on the board that has very quick flashes when I plug in the USB to the computer. This is not the main LED on the outside of the phantom. I should've taken a picture, but if the main LED is pointing away from me it is to the upper left corner of the NAZA on the board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20