UPGRADE YOUR DJI GO APP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your worries about using non-DJI batteries - and I would (99%) always use the original ones

But the fact that DJI forces everyone to use their batteries and ONLY their batteries by doing a firmware upgrade is a step in the wrong direction - let the owners decide if they would risk it or not

What if a car manufac. decided that ONLY original batteries could be used in their cars ? Would it raise the price of the original battery ? Yes, I certainly think so - no competition equals higher prices

They should stick with a "warning - you are using a unauthorized battery - do you really want to continue ?"

Any kind of warning would have been cool.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: grottoli
I love that your name is Suck IT!

iFly, we get it. Some of us have been there.

There is no reason to be so mad at us.

You will be a good poster here once you get over your being upset about this.

I hope you can return them!

We have all been burned at one time or another...............

Passive aggressive much?

Yet, here you are again.

Can you imagine being a manufacturer or reseller of third party phantom batteries and seeing this update come out? That would suck. All your inventory is instantly worthless.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Yea, and you have hundreds, if not a thousand or two of those in stock!....

That would hurt....

Better be real careful of e## right now............

I've been talking to Wendy from the battery knockoff store power extra.I'm having the same problem with battery on Android but works with iPhone 6 and all other Apple devices.She also said if I go back to old firmware it also works haven't tried that yet because I'm using ip6.I took a chance and I'm happy it works one way or the other.With that being said though I would spend the extra $20 for Original battery.

Reactions: Squirrel!
But the fact that DJI forces everyone to use their batteries and ONLY their batteries by doing a firmware upgrade is a step in the wrong direction - let the owners decide if they would risk it or not

What if a car manufac. decided that ONLY original batteries could be used in their cars ? Would it raise the price of the original battery ? Yes, I certainly think so - no competition equals higher prices

They should stick with a "warning - you are using a unauthorized battery - do you really want to continue ?"

Good point...but consider the source, China? Not exactly the leader in personal freedoms.

I imagine all Dji did was look at the serial number in the code of the clone battery and just block it and now the clone maker has just changed the serial again to work with the update.

I would buy the clone as the lipos inside are exactly the same. Then don't upgrade the app as with the phantom 4 out now they won't spend any major time on the phantom 3 app anyway.

This is erily similar to when Apple rendered thousands of iphones useless because people refused to pay their ridiculous fees or just couldn't get in with Apple.

Frankly, the manufacturer should not be crippling the device once you've bought it. You're not paying a license to operate it which can be revoked at any point, you own the device. As such, you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

I'll personally only ever go with DJI batteries but if someone else wants to go 3rd party and ruin their qc, that is their prerogative.

Just my 2c.
Common sense at last.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you just drill a hole in the middle of your Phantom, crush up the knock off batteries and sprinkle them onto the main board you won't need batteries anymore anyway. And I like boobs, so yeah, sorry I interrupted, carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you just drill a hole in the middle of your Phantom, crush up the knock off batteries and sprinkle them onto the main board you won't need batteries anymore anyway. And I like boobs, so yeah, sorry I interrupted, carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

ROTFFL!!

Since when has anyone had catastrophic failure from any of the non-dji batteries ?
I have read most comments about them and can only find good comments from those that actually use them.
( Plenty of 'don't touch them, they will cause you to catch a horrible Aids-like disease that will take over the entire earth, killing entire populations, and Oh, also crash your copter, that dji won't warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) by those that have never tried them.

Most comments so far say better flight times than dji batteries.

Nearly all battery failure posts have been from dji batteries.
Dji definitely has no rite to do this to anyone.

Personally I applaud anyone who pays the dollar to try the aftermarket stuff and then post results so we know first hand whether or not to follow suit.
GOOD ON YOU iFly, THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW.

Unfortunately they are often NOT the exact same thing. Rechargeable batteries are likely one of the most counterfeited, & often complete rip-off, items sold. A few months ago I was replacing the rechargeable cells (14500 Li-ion cells) in my lightsabers. I did extensive testing & comparison of numerous brands with all sorts of claimed (sometimes to the point of absurdity) capacities. Counterfeits were a HUGE problem in my testing even from Amazon & ebay where the ads claimed "authentic" or "genuine."

The original cells were TrustFire 900 mAh. The genuine cells really are 900 mAh & run a saber for 50-60 minutes. No other cell even came close, with most averaging only 250-300 mAh capacity. One insane brand claimed 2300 mAh capacity! In reality these cells were perhaps 250 with 3 of 8 cells failing to even charge. After wading through many cells & returns, I finally found the real McCoys at a great price & they work perfectly.

It's one thing to use a $25 knock-off battery vs. a $129 OEM battery in your laptop or cell phone. If the pack fails or comes up short they won't fall from the sky & be destroyed! This is not to say there aren't decent aftermarket batteries from reputable manufacturers. It is only to say you need to be extremely careful when purchasing aftermarket packs for your Phantom.

Really? So pay $30 to $70 more for the exact same thing? That by the way, work better than the 'real thing'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr