Upgrade won't start on P3 Advanced ?

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 doesn't want to upgrade, it is still on 1.1.9. I downloaded the firmware bin put the bin file directly on the root of the sd card, put the sd card in the phantom, turned the phantom on. It does its normal startup routine, front goes red back flash yellow but no system board beeping indicating an update in progress ?

If i take the same exact micro sd card, put it in a micro sd -> usb and put it in the controller, the controller updates fine from the same file on the same card. Ideas ?

My Phantom 3 doesn't want to upgrade, it is still on 1.1.9. I downloaded the firmware bin put the bin file directly on the root of the sd card, put the sd card in the phantom, turned the phantom on. It does its normal startup routine, front goes red back flash yellow but no system board beeping indicating an update in progress ?

If i take the same exact micro sd card, put it in a micro sd -> usb and put it in the controller, the controller updates fine from the same file on the same card. Ideas ?
Unfortunately, you will have to update thru all the firmware's since v1.19 all they way up to the latest. I hope you have a few spare batteries on hand. Take the time, It will be worth it.

And your source being?
All FW updates in the past to present have either added or subtracted data from each firmware which is stored on the AC. Firmware such as the latest out with IFM are just added to what is already in the AC from last FW. Your version v1.19 is so way back that you will need to at least update to v1.1.2.6 first and so on.

All FW updates in the past to present have either added or subtracted data from each firmware which is stored on the AC. Firmware such as the latest out with IFM are just added to what is already in the AC from last FW. Your version v1.19 is so way back that you will need to at least update to v1.1.2.6 first and so on.

But people have been able to upgrade to 1.3.2 from 1.1.9 without issues.

So what your telling me is people who updated to 1.3.2 and did not like it and rolled back to 1.1.9 have to reinstall 1.3.2 and then update to 1.4?

But people have been able to upgrade to 1.3.2 from 1.1.9 without issues.

So what your telling me is people who updated to 1.3.2 and did not like it and rolled back to 1.1.9 have to reinstall 1.3.2 and then update to 1.4?
From my experience as a tech, yes that is the case. Give it a try. You have already updated your RC, so you are good there. Good luck..

From my experience as a tech, yes that is the case. Give it a try. You have already updated your RC, so you are good there. Good luck..

Lol I have never updated since I bought my P3 and has always been on 1.1.9.

If I see good reviews for 1-2 weeks I may just go ahead and update my P3.

So I will need to update to 1.3.2 and then to 1.4?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub