Upgrade transmitter antenna

Reaction score
Hi I want to upgrade the antenna on my FPV setup on my P2.

I have a stock antenna on at present but upgraded antenna on black pearl.

My current setup

7 channel black pearl
Nimrod TX-RX 5.8Ghz (left of black pearl)
Horizon FPV antenna 5.8Ghz Micro RHCP (right of black pearl)
Not sure of transmitter name (see pic)

Which upgraded transmitter antenna would be best?

eBay links would be great.

Thanks,

MalcolmView attachment 31324View attachment 31325View attachment 31326

Your going to want a 'clover leaf' style omnidirectional skew-planar antenna. No patch antennas (square) on the bird, only use a patch on the Blackpearl if it is a diversity monitor (2 antenna mounts). Patch antennas are directional, the clover leaf type is omnidirectional. I suggest you watch this video as it is very easy to understand and informational..

Here are pics of typical clover leaf antennas. Notice some have covers, some don't. Also notice the number of loops, each set has one that has 3, one has 4. They need to placed in the correct locations.
20016rc_680x402.png
FPV-Cloverleaf-Omni-Directional-Circular-Polarized-5-8-GHz-Antenna.jpg
flysight-cpa5g-58-ghz-cloverleaf-antenna-set-omnidirectional.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi that's great advice and explains it really well. Thank you for your help.

What does RX and TX stand for?

Thanks

Those will work, just be sure to get the correct ones (male or female) check your BP & transmitter to verify. If the transmitter is a female socket be sure to get a male antenna, etc.
Without seeing the inside of the Nimrod I would assume it is also a planer style with a foam cap.

Transmitter is a male socket so need a female TX antenna. Will I be ok to use with the Nimrod antenna that is already on the BP? It's right angled so guessing that will match this one.

Thanks for your help, it's all very new all this!

Just thought I'd give you's a little update.

I bought the cloverleaf antenna, fitted it and seemed to get more stable video but was still breaking up.

Ended doing a bit more research on the equipment I own. Found out I have a Black Pearl 32 channel FPV monitor and a Flysight TX 32 channel. I then found out the best channel and brand my Horizon antenna needed to be on, this turns out to be Band E (previously set to F) and any of the lower channels, I picked channel 3.

Went out to test the set up and I was amazed by the results, very little video static, I flew out to just over 1km before I hit failsafe when I lost control signal, still had perfect FPV.

Only time I had issues is when the drone turned around and until the 800 meters was getting fuzzy video. I'm guessing the gimbal must be interfering some how.

I'm so pleased with the results, feel so much more confident with a solid video feed.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Next thing to fix is the slight shake I'm getting in my videos.

Just thought I'd give you's a little update.

I bought the cloverleaf antenna, fitted it and seemed to get more stable video but was still breaking up.

Ended doing a bit more research on the equipment I own. Found out I have a Black Pearl 32 channel FPV monitor and a Flysight TX 32 channel. I then found out the best channel and brand my Horizon antenna needed to be on, this turns out to be Band E (previously set to F) and any of the lower channels, I picked channel 3.

Went out to test the set up and I was amazed by the results, very little video static, I flew out to just over 1km before I hit failsafe when I lost control signal, still had perfect FPV.

Only time I had issues is when the drone turned around and until the 800 meters was getting fuzzy video. I'm guessing the gimbal must be interfering some how.

I'm so pleased with the results, feel so much more confident with a solid video feed.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Next thing to fix is the slight shake I'm getting in my videos.

Did you figure out how to fix this? I'm noticing some shake in my video's as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd