Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Upgrade to new app - Android doesn't open app

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by Palliz, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Palliz

Purchased my DJI Phantom 2 Vision + last month - this week I upgraded to latest version app V1.0.50 & cannot open the new version in my Android 4.0.4 version which was working fine before installing the new upgrade. Now I am not an in depth technical person so if anyone has any idea of how to get this latest app to work for me on my android I would appreciate your advice. Failing all then I would LOVE to be able to go back to the previous version which I believe was V1.0.38? Seriously I need help as my NEW Phantom 2 Vision + is grounded & doesn't make for a good desktop paperweight!
    Oh yeah - getting in touch with DJI for a solution has been a nightmare. Here is their suggestion to fix:

" Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
    It might be the relay binding problem.Please bind the relay again."

My Problem:- I cannot open the new version app in my phone to do anything with!!!!

Please help.......very frustrated

2. Pull_Up

Uninstall the app in android (complete uninstall not just remove from home screen). Reboot the phone (full power off and restart). Reinstall app from Play Store. Reboot the phone again. Launch the app. Fingers crossed!

3. Palliz

Must have done the re-install a dozen times but hey - I will do it AND try your suggestion to reboot my phone.
    Thanks appreciate any help at this point ------ will let you know
    Paul

4. Palliz

Hey Pull_Up - guess what...........I un-installed new app version then went to my files & found version that my Phantom came with originally which is V1.0.40
    I installed it no problem - rebooted my android as you suggested & when I powered back up - PRESTO! I now have the old version installed again which I can open just like before. Now to see if it works with my paperweight..........lol. Stand-by!
    Thanks buddy

5. Palliz

OK Works perfectly.
    Not sure I want to upgrade at this point but will wait to see what DJI comes up with to even out the kinks in the new V1.0.5 version before I attempt it again