Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Upgrade to 3.04 now IMU won't calibrate

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by wilsonpf, Jun 7, 2014.

1. wilsonpf

I just upgraded to 3.04. Assistant 3.0 software tells me I must advance calibrate my IMU. Basic calibration and check IMU are grayed out so cannot click on them. I see the other post about not getting IMU to advance calibrate so I followed suggestions from that thread. I burned through 2 batteries, multiple reboots, reloading software and it still won't calibrate. Walked away and came back hours later to no luck. I downgraded firmware to 1.08 and the IMU calibrated it almost no time. At least now it will let me turn the motors on and fly. I then upgraded to 3.04 again. Assistant software at least now doesn't tell me that I need to do an advanced calibration but the basic calibration and check IMU buttons are still grayed out. Is it okay to fly with the calibration that I obtained from 1.08 firmware or since I upgraded it again to 3.04 does it need to be redone?

2. 4wd

4wd

I would be very cautious trying it but could be OK.
    I have a suspicion something else may be wrong.
    You could try doing the compass, I wonder if that could be way out.

3. wilsonpf

I just took it to a large open field to test it out. Calibrated the compass after startup. Waited until I got GPS home position lock (11 sat). Launched to about a 7-8 foot hoover. Was not holding position well - would make about a 6 foot circle. Then I turned the P2V+ 180 degrees and she wanted to run like a bat out of h*ll going about 10 miles an hour 90 degrees to the wind. I promptly landed her and brought her back home.

4. EMCSQUAR

Try reloading default settings/software from assistant tools page, then do an advance calibration, then the compass dance. Anytime you do software/firmware update you need to reload default settings.

5. wilsonpf

I found if I change to Phantom mode the IMU calibrates in less than a minute. If I switch it to NAZA m mode then it does not calibrate.

6. wilsonpf

Well the good news is I have stable flight, the bad news is it has to be in Phantom mode. Naza M mode will not advance calibrate - burned though 4 battery charges just connected to the computer trying to calibrate and wasted the entire day.

7. MrC

MrC

Try calibrating in a different spot. If its on the table. try the floor etc. As far away from speakers, computer etc as possible.

8. David

I'm having the same issue with my uncles that was just received. Very strange. .

9. 4wd

4wd

Something that seems to work is just turn it off and leave it for an hour or so, and try again later.
    If it's been running a while the board starts to get warm and that really doesn't help even though you can click through the heat warning.
    It *must* be placed on a solid level surface with minimal vibration - even walking about on a wooden floor near it might stop it completing.

10. chluk2425

does the basic cal & check IMU status back on when you switch to Phantom mode? I notice this when I switch back to Phantom as well, while in NAZA it's grey. but i didn't do advance calibrate again in Phantom mode since the checks said i am fine... and i just did a basic cali...