Upgrade, Phantom just beeps

Reaction score
I've had my Phantom 3 Standard for about 6 months with no problems. Tried to fly today and app software told me I needed to update. I started the update and after 62% it said update failed. Now the Phantom just beeps loudly and I can't start a new update or anything. The app is completely useless, and it won't connect to my computer with the cable in the usb port. Anyone else had this problem? I don't know what version I was updating to and can't figure out how to check it.

I've had my Phantom 3 Standard for about 6 months with no problems. Tried to fly today and app software told me I needed to update. I started the update and after 62% it said update failed. Now the Phantom just beeps loudly and I can't start a new update or anything. The app is completely useless, and it won't connect to my computer with the cable in the usb port. Anyone else had this problem? I don't know what version I was updating to and can't figure out how to check it.
Hi mayby delete and reinstall app,,have u tryed that

Its now called DJIGofor products before p4

Now the Phantom just beeps loudly and I can't start a new update or anything.
Put in a fresh battery and let it continue beeping until the update is done installing.

1489356244192-528263377.jpg

Right -- you should definitely be using "DJI GO". The newer "DJI GO 4" app is not compatible with the P3S.

He did say the phantom itself is beeping so I believe he's referring to the firmware install having failed and may have bricked it. Because of this, the app can't connect to the P3S because the P3 isn't really there.
What's the logs on the SD look like?

He did say the phantom itself is beeping so I believe he's referring to the firmware install having failed and may have bricked it. Because of this, the app can't connect to the P3S because the P3 isn't really there.
What's the logs on the SD look like?

That's right, DanMan32. I was just doing the update as the DJI app required and it the update failed at 62%. From that point on, the Phantom just beeps about once per second and the propellers vibrate each time it beeps. I will pull up the logs on the SD tonight after work. I will also delete and reinstall the app, and possibly let the Phantom stay on in the garage until it either finishes updating or the battery drains. I'll report back.

If the firmware update does not complete on its own, try formatting the memory card and attempt to install the firmware update again.

If the firmware update does not complete on its own, try formatting the memory card and attempt to install the firmware update again.
If I have to go that route, formatting and installing firmware again, should I attempt to install the firmware on the card while it is in the computer or in the Phantom?

You could try dropping the BIN in the root of the memory card. It'll download again if you just delete all of the files on the memory card and start the update again from DJI GO.

You could try dropping the BIN in the root of the memory card. It'll download again if you just delete all of the files on the memory card and start the update again from DJI GO.

I'm not sure what you mean by the root of the memory card. All I have on my care is a folder named DCIM and two files. One is called P3C__FW_RESULT_AB and P3C_FW_V99.9999.bin. The logs in the text file is:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.00.0017.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.00.0017.bin

========== 2016.06.01 18:50:21 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2017.03.12 13:23:11 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...

So I'm guessing if I create a new folder, maybe TEMP and put the BIN in that folder, put the card back in the Phantom, I could start the update again?

Delete all of the files on the memory card and try updating again from DJI GO.

Delete all of the files on the memory card and try updating again from DJI GO.

That doesn't work. I have everything off, then turn on the controller, then turn on the Phantom, then connect via wifi to the Phantom and all the Phantom does from that point is beep. The DJI software doesn't allow me to update. When press on the Update Firmware, I get a message that says "Aircraft Update Required. See firmware upgrade tutorial videos in Academy for details." It won't go past that, and there is no other way to update the firmware.

It's like the Phantom is locked in to that beeping and props vibrating and nothing can stop it. I removed the battery, tried to start it without the SD card in it, tried starting it with and without the controller on. It does the same thing and the software (deleted on my android and reinstalled) can't over ride and doesn't give me an option to update the firmware.

Last edited:
What happens if you start up your Phantom with the BIN file in the root of the memory card? You can download the BIN here.

The root is the location outside of all sub folders.

In other words, format the card completely, put only the BIN file on it, try update process.
Some devices/applications only work when the file(s) needed are in the file table are first and in proper order. Many times the file contents have to be at the beginning of the media. Saves on code space needed to search for file and file data.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen