Upgrade Kit or PMU?

Reaction score
Hi guys, i hope you can answear my question.

I ordered my Zenmuse H3-2D today and with it i ordered the Upgrade Kit Board AND the NAZA V2 PMU.
Now i am confused (and i was while ordering obviously). Am i right that i do not need the PMU any longer if i fit the the Upgrade Board into the Phantom to use the Zenmuse gimbal?

Thanks in advance.

MKheng said:
Correct, you just need the upgrade board kit

Or...... The PMUv2

But not both

I just received the Upgrade Kit and the H3-2D gimbal, but can't find any instructions on how to install the Zenmuse without a PMU. Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks for posting this link, I hadn't seen this video before. It's quite long, and I have only watched a few sections, specifically those related to the parts of the install that were a little tricky.

Some cautionary notes:

1) Watch the whole thing first rather than following along. Otherwise, for example, you will not realize that the grey 8 pin cable is too short and you should use the black 8 pin cable that comes with the Zen. There may be other such issues that develop over the course of the install. The author of the video is brave to video his first install, but as a consequence the viewer gets to experience him troubleshooting things as he progresses. Interesting at times but slow...

2) Resist the urge to use a metal instrument to push the 8 pin connector through the hole in the Phantom. You really don't want to risk detaching wires from the connector pins or damaging the insulation of the wires leading to possible shorts. If you are patient and persistant, you can wrap the cable upon itself with the connector at an angle so that it will pass through the hole just by pushing with your finger. The best illustration of the proper technique is the original DJI video showing the Zen install (from before the upgrade board was even announced).

3) When you attach the 8 pin connector to the Zen, examine both the connector and the socket carefully to make sure you understand the correct orientation. The connector is stiff, so to seat it fully, you have to press down fairly firmly on the tabs at each end of the connector (ie right next to where the outermost wires are on each side). You don't want to do this with the connector installed 180 degrees from the correct orientation or you risk bending the small pins in the socket.

4) If you applied the red stripe decals to the 'front' in the DJI molded insets, you might briefly be confused as the video show them on the back of the craft. Also I just carefully cut through the decals at the joint between the top and bottom halves of the Phantom shell, so you don't have to peel them off or anything.

Steve

mcspade said:

I have done the same as you on the insulation, but, before you close everything you need to lengthen the small video cable, I have cut a servo extension lead in half and used the matching end that fit's the transmitter, job done.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl