Upgrade Info and Latest Version Help

Reaction score
OK... So I recently went through the process of installing the Assistant and RC software on the PC & phone and upgrading the Vision and Remote Controller... that was no fun at all!

I have the Vision and the Remote Controller up to date... Now I just need to update the camera and potentially NazaM. Anyone know where to find step by step info on that process? My camera is currently 1.1.7 (1.1.8 is current) and NazaM is 1.08 (don't know what current is).

Any help on these two would be greatly appreciated... I'd love to actually fly this thing sometime soon :)

Also... on DJI Vision support page it lists "Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System v1.08". Where do you look to see what you are currently running???

FYI... Here's the latest Version Info from my recent upgrade

Vision
MC 1.08
5.8 Rec 1.0.1.3
Main Board 1.0.1.19

Remote Controller
Soft 1.0
Firm 1.0.2.22
Loader 12.1.0.3

oh yeah... forgot to ask about stick calibration. Does it need to be done each time or is it ready to fly right out of the box?

NAZA-M, confusingly, just means what version of firmware for the flight controller you have. 1.08 is the latest. I don't know why the phone app reports it like that, it is confusing. I guess for people who have yet to plug in to a PC they at least can tell if their firmware is out of date. On the DJI website in the firmware list they call it "Autopilot system" and you'll see it's 1.08 - if you used the latest Assistant software, you've got it. The Vision is running a modified version of the NAZA-M flight controller which is why I guess it reports like that. It would be simpler if they used the same terminology on the website, the app and the Assistant. :roll:

Stick calibration doesn't have to be done but as it takes just a few seconds I always do it after a firmware update - it's just another tab in the Assistant software and whilst you're plugged in its nice to see that the aircraft and transmitter are talking to each other nicely! All you do is click the button then move both sticks all the way round the extremes of movement a few times and then let go, click finish and check that everything zeros out when you're hands off and goes to max when you push to the edge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1