Upgrade Hero3+ black to Hero 4 Black

I think its more of a matter of the ribbon cable being fairly flimsy and annoying to work with, plus the thickness causes harder installation.
The 30pin connector is a much better and safer connection in my opinion, but I too would not buy the LCD. Instead ask around, maybe someone you know has one.
It takes 5 seconds to do the "upgrade".

Reactions: Mako79 and teslar
I think its more of a matter of the ribbon cable being fairly flimsy and annoying to work with, plus the thickness causes harder installation.
The 30pin connector is a much better and safer connection in my opinion, but I too would not buy the LCD. Instead ask around, maybe someone you know has one.
The 30pin hero rear port also acts as a backup clamp device when you forget to use the rubber bands or 3D printed clamp. The hero port holds the Gopro pretty firmly.
Just purchase the bacpac and send it back and get a refund. I would feel cheated if a manufacturer intentionally disabled something that was previously available in previous versions.

The 30pin hero rear port also acts as a backup clamp device when you forget to use the rubber bands or 3D printed clamp. The hero port holds the Gopro pretty firmly.
Just purchase the bacpac and send it back and get a refund. I would feel cheated if a manufacturer intentionally disabled something that was previously available in previous versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers