upgrade firmware

Question, I've ordered a FC40, but I'm reading these software upgrade issues, should I be afraid to fly the quad out of the box. I was going to use it as delivered for a while. Is it safer to do so than upgrade the software online. Seems people are having problems after installing the new versions. (Im new to all this stuff, only have a blade 120sr which I'm confidently flying) off this specific topic but will the step into the FC40 be pretty smooth skill level wise or should I buy a small cheap quad to practice on first? sorry for the double topic in this post.

I havnt done the upgrade yet, im glad I read this post. I flew mine with just the compass calibration, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong but im not flying very far until we find out whats going on with this thing.

The first thing to do is the compass calibration always do this unless you fly the quad in the exact same place. the updated firmware will give you the latest version fixing any bug problems when you update the firm ware save your present setting's to a folder so that you can reload them if you need to as per the instructions provided with the new firmware.
I have flown my FC40 out of the box with just a compass calibration and it will work just fine in the gps mode but none of the other modes are activated you have to go into the setup and perform this.

Dennis

When I upgraded mine to 4.02 I had to put it back to D-bus or else the sticks and switches on the controller weren't recognized,

Put it in D-bus and see if the software shows the sticks moving. If so it will fly.

Hi,
I've just upgraded to v4.02 and in order to get back the receiver I had to set to DBUS (receiver FW: 1.0.1.3)
In the week-end I'll try to fly (if it will not rain...) and let you know

Antonio

Today I tested new FW 4.02 and my phantom flies perfectly: gentle, precise and very prompt.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl