upgrade firmware

Reaction score
so has anyone looked to see if there is an update to the firmware on the FC40 has anyone tried to this what was the change any better.

Dennis

I updated mine to 4.02fw...ran into constant yellow flashes...it turned out that the receiver has to switch to D-bus instead od PPM. Im too scared to take it out for a flight. Im waiting to hear back from dji.

Hey Sunday
Well that's just what i am afraid of the transmitter if i am not mistaken is ppm so i would be careful don't want to loose that nice new quad.
I tried to contact DJI support no luck then i emailed them today i got a reply, the email read please call our phone support thank you wow are you kidding me what's the point of having the email support then and good luck trying to get through on phone support wonder if this is because of this law suit by Colin.

Dennis

At least you got a reply. I got none, and im not keeping my hope up neither. Anyhow, i googled and youtubed about the constant yellow flashes...apparently lots of folks ran into that problem (phantom1, phantom 1.1.1, phantom fc40), there is definitely a bug in the new fw. First, they all thought that the binding from the transmitter to the quad was the problem, bound it again but still yellow flashes. It turns out that they all have to switch over to D-Bus, even confirmed from DJI. Most of the peeps are happy with that, phantom flew great. But there were a few that had trouble with gps and ioc. One guy had to do a compass calibration before every flight. I still have yet to take mine out. Just have to find the confidence to take it out again. For now, im just flying my Walkera QR X350.
Can you just do me a favor? Plug in your phantom to the software, dont update, just look at the settings, tell me if it is set for PPM or DBus? Thx. Again dont do the update yet. Just take pictures of every setting on the software application, good way to back up your settings. I forgot to mine....grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

I have downloaded the FC40 naza assistant from the support site installed it but when i connect the phantom to the computer there is no connection nothing happens did I down load the incorrect version as there is more then one on the site the one I downloaded is the Assistant Software & Driver Naza-M Assistant Software v2.20 says it has the driver with it.

Dennis

So i tried to re-install the naza assistant to set up IOC and other setting's also to check out which versions firmware in my phantom but the program will not access the quad until update the firmware whats the deal i have to update weather i want to or not to see whats going in the system this dosen't make any sense and i certainly not going to update the firmware after reading whats happened to others .

Dennis

jamerd said:
So i tried to re-install the naza assistant to set up IOC and other setting's also to check out which versions firmware in my phantom but the program will not access the quad until update the firmware whats the deal i have to update weather i want to or not to see whats going in the system this dosen't make any sense and i certainly not going to update the firmware after reading whats happened to others .

Dennis

You sure? I was able to capture the first screen before my update. Check again. Just close the popups or skip them.

nope the software won't allow me to access anything until i perform an update i think the number is 4.02 not sure but my quad is flying with out a hitch no problems i don't want to take it out of action i so i am not going to update it until this stuff is sorted out.
I know that PPM is FM but what is DBUS ?.
Can IOC be used in GPS mode that would be a nice feature i am only using the GPS mode as i can't turn on the other modes why would DJI set this up like this.

Dennis

jamerd said:
nope the software won't allow me to access anything until i perform an update i think the number is 4.02 not sure but my quad is flying with out a hitch no problems i don't want to take it out of action i so i am not going to update it until this stuff is sorted out.
Can IOC be used in GPS mode that would be a nice feature i am only using the GPS mode as i can't turn on the other modes why would DJI set this up like this.

Dennis

Beats me bro. Really? U cant activate ioc in ppm mode? In dbus u can. You right, if it flies great for you then dont update. Although homelock and courselock are nice features. And the new sensor feature to prevent flyaways is also a great feature to have.

Hi Sunday
I see you are in Norcal where are you located, well I have been playing around with the software again I find that it is not connecting no lights on the bottom coming on so removed the assistant software and re-installed it now when I connect the phantom it says unrecognized usb connection would you know which version of the assistant I should have I see 1.0 and 2.2 I am trying to use the 2.2 and then the driver that is on the site.
After installing the software for the second time i turned off the update and tried to go right the assistant but no luck dose it have to be updated before the assistant will work.
Have you updated your phantom to the 4.02 any problems ?

Thanks
Dennis

Hi Guys
So i finally got it to work, So if some one else is having problems i hope this explanation helps first off don't go to the support page for the FC40 go to the V2 naza page then first off download and install the driver per the instructions on the page oh and you have to have the Phantom plug in and powered so remove the props for safety after this is done then download and install the assistant software after it's set up launch the assistant and in the lower left hand corner the lights will be blinking on and off blue so now you are in the firmware of the phantom oh one important thing export the settings from your Phantom first save them to a file before you upgrade so you can import them back to the Phantom after you upgrade the firmware. Forgot to mention after getting in to the firmware of my phantom i found it was already in DBus what ever this is must be the 5.8.

I just performed all the above and took the quad out for a flight but just in case i tied it off via a 200 lb rip cord not taking any chances i had another quad take off on me man that was exciting well the flight went like it did the first time i flew it no problems hope this helps.

Dennis

Hey Sunday
Yup got it all going and i fly the Phantom everyday no problem works just like it did before the upgrade oh something you should do or may have already done, make sure you calibrate the radio after the upgrade and re-calibrate the compass thats about it nothing else.
Next out of the box is figuring out the update on the transmitter i have plugged it in to the computer but no joy and yes i turned it on just in case you were wondering.

Dennis

jamerd said:
Hey Sunday
Yup got it all going and i fly the Phantom everyday no problem works just like it did before the upgrade oh something you should do or may have already done, make sure you calibrate the radio after the upgrade and re-calibrate the compass thats about it nothing else.
Next out of the box is figuring out the update on the transmitter i have plugged it in to the computer but no joy and yes i turned it on just in case you were wondering.

Dennis

Im good to go then. Thx.

SundayDuffer said:
jamerd said:

Dennis

And the new sensor feature to prevent flyaways is also a great feature to have.

What is the "Sensor feature to prevent flyaways? ... I am looking into purchasing these and evaluating all of my options (Blade, 3DR IRIS, Build my own, etc), and would like to have the best features and "insurance" for about $500 - $600 budget.

Well I own a 3DR with the APM never really worked and numerous updates firmware issues and last but not least a blown chip came to light after one of the latest updates and no one knows why or how it happened so i would stay away from that one for a long while
i am not trying to bash the guys writing the software they are trying and if it all works they way it is supposed it will be great.

I also have a few other's if you are looking for a cheap and fun quad buy one of the micros like the 1si or the 1 sq these are fun and not much money but if you are going for the larger versions like the Phantom which in my humble estimate is the best fun and trouble free, I have been flying RC planes and helis for a good many years now and it's not if but when you will crash its part of the experience repair and replace new stuff.

Dennis

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl