Upgrade error? Constant beep

Reaction score
Hello,

We recently took our P3P to Europe on vacation with us. (I don't think this had anything to do with the error BTW). It flew great in Venice, Italy Corfu, Greece and Mykonos, Greece. However in Santorini, Greece I lost the ability to see the live feed. The screen was just black. I can still control the P3P but can't see what it sees. Also now when I turn it on there is a constant buzz. Its the same buzz that you get when updating but its not beep beep its just a non stop constant beeeeeeep. Help us please!

I just tried the new firmware update and it was updating normal then started beeping constant again.

On the remote I have the red exclamation point that says upgrade error. But no matter how many times I try to update it has the same. What do we do????

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Did you let the firmware go in fully till the little led stays green and you get a different noise also did you do all your battery's ?.

It won't finish the download. It goes normal for a minute or so then starts a non stop beeeeep. Very frustrating. Please help!

I had a problem earlier in the year similar to yours. I reformatted the SD card and reinstalled the firmware and it took the upgrade. Make sure you are starting out with a freshly formatted card.

When the installation is finished, you should hear a long tone followed by two short tones and a green light. It's easy for me to remember that because being in my 40th year as an amateur radio operator, a D in Morse code is a long tone followed by two short ones i.e., dah-dit-dit.. D=Done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravedog
It won't finish the download. It goes normal for a minute or so then starts a non stop beeeeep. Very frustrating. Please help!
Check the log file on sd card and post last section here and I help resolve you problem.
Located sd/misc/log/
Misc is hidden derictory.
Version firmware before update? (you can see it in gji go app or log file on sd)
You lost live feed, solution at link belov, see my comments on 6 page
No image transmission signal - P3P

Last edited:
I formatted the sd and followed the operation as a manual. the installation starts but then I have a continuous sound and fixed red light. I also changed battery but nothing, I did not fix it. For a while, I always see invalid battery and 0% battery.

I formatted the sd and followed the operation as a manual. the installation starts but then I have a continuous sound and fixed red light. I also changed battery but nothing, I did not fix it. For a while, I always see invalid battery and 0% battery.
this is my file log.

In every visible instance, the log shows that a battery was not detected. Module 11 is for the battery.
[00026507][11 00][00] device not detected.
[00039083][11 01][00] device not detected.

Were / are you using non OEM batteries? Were the batteries fully seated? Are the spring loaded data pins for the battery intact and clean? What about the cable from the data pins to the MB?

Last edited:
this is my file log.
[00230290][11 00][00] device not detected.
[00242882][11 01][00] device not detected.
this battery module, try to flash 1.11.2 again. change sd card, reformat etc.
i have same problem on p3p after change mainboard(part 96), update success after 3 times.

module list
LOG_AB Module Mapping.JPG

I changed the battery, I bought a non original, and I have the same mistake. I tried several times to install 1.11.20 but unsuccessful.
is a motherboard problem ??

on transmittent i have this image

Attachments

• 20171026_074253.jpg
    20171026_074253.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 344
  • 20171026_073247.jpg
    20171026_073247.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 328

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics