Upgrade Critical Error, all the red leds solid

Reaction score
First of all i've upgraded my own P3A and everything went ok

This afternoon my friend has asked me to help him to upgrade his P3A and after 23 min of all the d-d-d-d the leds on the phantom turned all solid red... and nothing, no noise, no red/green light on the gimbal.

We shut down the P3A and tried again but the upgrade won't start, it's like it doesn't read the file from the card.

Once again we have tried different cards and changed the battery. Nothing

The worst of all we connect the phantom with the RC and the android phone, no signal from camera. The version of firmware is 1.3.20. We can fly the phantom but the gimball or camera doesn't respond :-(

Did you check the log on the sd card? Before you try again, make sure to delete the log on the se card!

First of all i've upgraded my own P3A and everything went ok

This afternoon my friend has asked me to help him to upgrade his P3A and after 23 min of all the d-d-d-d the leds on the phantom turned all solid red... and nothing, no noise, no red/green light on the gimbal.

We shut down the P3A and tried again but the upgrade won't start, it's like it doesn't read the file from the card.

Once again we have tried different cards and changed the battery. Nothing

The worst of all we connect the phantom with the RC and the android phone, no signal from camera. The version of firmware is 1.3.20. We can fly the phantom but the gimball or camera doesn't respond :-(
Hi Johnny,
When I updated to 1.3.2, I noticed the bird appeared to stop loading for maybe 5 minutes. The camera hung down and nothing seemed to be happening. Then, it started the chirp and flashes again. It took less than 10 minutes and the D...DD chirp started indicating the update was complete.

I'm guessing you stopped the update before it was completed. This could mean a return trip to DJI.:eek:

You might be able to update though the GO App., though. You might give that a try!

Did you pull the battery out? Maybe start from scratch, unzip the file onto a fresh formatted SD.

Reactions: Fplvert
What did the included .txt file say near the bottom? aborted? not complete?

Always run the update until you hear the D.D's go from 4 down to 3. When you hear 3 you then power down, other wise it is still updating.

Leave it sit with the battery out for 20m, then turn it one with out the SD card in, if you get a constant beep just leave it until it stops, could take 10 minutes, then turn off and try the update again.

Sounds like you cut it off before it was done.

Yes, when I went to 1.3.2 the same happened to me. I let it sit like that (all red gimbal limp) for 5-10 minutes and it finally picked up and finished. Just be patient in the future, after you get this fixed, when you upgrade firmware. Always watch the gimbal light to tell if the upgrade has completed.

Update:

I give up yesterday.

I started today by low formatting the card (it took so long) putt a fresh and charged battery and finally all ok.

Thank god all works. Upgrade OK

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20