upgrade before first flight?

Reaction score
I order my phantom 3 standard yesterday and waiting it to arrive. When its arrived and before first flight should i upgrade it and calibrate imu, gimbal and rc? Compass do i calibrate out on the field.

I got my p3a a week ago and I update everything, phantom, controller everything, now I have 2 hours of flying on me without any problems, I also calibrate everything, so my advice is yes, upgrade and calibrate

Reactions: Thomas Karlsson
Definately calibrate. During shipping they can knock out a sensor data from rough handling plus the compass info from origin to your location is probably different. Be safe and not sorry. Full calibration recommended.

Definately calibrate. During shipping they can knock out a sensor data from rough handling plus the compass info from origin to your location is probably different. Be safe and not sorry. Full calibration recommended.

Thanks for fast response, so i will upgrade and calibrate everything before first flight

Thomas Karlsson, after updating the firmware from the DJI GO app, do steps #47 and #48 here.

Hi.

Why do we delete the bin file?
In step #46? You can delete it after the firmware has been installed on all of your batteries (if needed). Since the firmware was installed everywhere at that point, there really is no benefit to keeping it on your memory card.

How do i update the second battery? Phantom standard will only update through dji go app?
The DJI GO app should prompt you if your battery needs to be updated.

The DJI GO app should prompt you if your battery needs to be updated.
thanks for the info, i will soon go home and pick up my phantom at the mail office, then i will charge the battery and controller , then i will update and calibrate everything. The compass will i calibrate tomorrow when i will fly, can i fully charge my battery now and store it tomorrow when i will fly?

can i fully charge my battery now and store it tomorrow when i will fly?
Yes. By default, it'll stay fully charged for 10 days. You can change that setting in the DJI GO app.

How do i update the second battery? Phantom standard will only update through dji go app?
I have the idea that once the phantom has the update. Each battery will get updated when you use it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie