Upgrade and register

I think he is talking about the FAA registration which now for hobbies purposes you don't need it anymore.
The appeals court stayed its ruling until the FAA decides whether it's going to appeal, so for now the registration requirement is still in force.

Apart from that, I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about DJI's upcoming firmware and app updates that require users to log back in to their accounts after the update or their drones will be crippled.

If anyone knew the answer to that it would probably have been mentioned on in of the the many, many existing threads on the subject. All DJI has said, I believe, is "this week."

When does one have to upgrade/register his P3P in order to keep flying without restrictions
AFAIK, you don't "have to" upgrade. That's one way around the problem.

I think he is talking about the DJIGO app and having to re-register at DJI, to avoid the distance/height restrictions.
I haven't flown for a month so I don't know the answer. Anybody?

Last edited:
When does one have to upgrade/register his P3P in order to keep flying without restrictions
I think the official statement said 'around' the end of this week (now). And if you don't upgrade your DJI Go app, then you won't need to re-register.

See here:- Confusing dji article

I think he is talking about the FW upgrade and having to re-register at DJI, to avoid the distance/height restrictions.

Not firmware, but software ie: The DJI Go app.

Given the OP's mention of upgrade and his location in southeast Asia, it's a safe bet that he doesn't need to know about FAA developments.
How are you able to determine a poster's location? I have even looked at his "profile" and see nothing listed there.

How are you able to determine a poster's location? I have even looked at his "profile" and see nothing listed there.

If the poster has chosen not to share their location publicly, then the only way, AFAIK, is to try and find out by viewing their past posts to see if that gives you a clue.

If the poster has chosen not to share their location publicly, then the only way, AFAIK, is to try and find out by viewing their past posts to see if that gives you a clue.
Got it, thanks. I would have never thought of that.

I think the official statement said 'around' the end of this week (now). And if you don't upgrade your DJI Go app, then you won't need to re-register.

See here:- Confusing dji article

Not firmware, but software ie: The DJI Go app.
I bet the message is already in the current version of the app on a date timer like the last time they force updated the app. So they are going to make you update the app or you can not fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan