Updating

Reaction score
Is there any way of updating your IOSD mini and 2.4ghz data link through your phantom? The reason I ask is because both of these units are inside my Phantom, The shop i brought it from installed it for me. How crucial is it to update it... :roll:

I don't know about iOSD b/c I don't have one but I'm pretty sure it's the same as Data Link. They are all connected via CANBUS and they should all show up on the firmware update page in Naza Assistant. Are they missing from that page?

I can't see IOSD anywhere. Unless its named to something else..,?

landmannnn said:
There is a micro usb socket on the iosd. So you would need to open the phantom up if you think there is a need to upgrade the firmware.

Yeh I was just thinking that reading the manual for it. It requires is own assistant software also is that correct? Is there no way it can go through the USB socket on the Phantom..

Turbazz said:
landmannnn said:
There is a micro usb socket on the iosd. So you would need to open the phantom up if you think there is a need to upgrade the firmware.

Yeh I was just thinking that reading the manual for it. It requires is own assistant software also is that correct? Is there no way it can go through the USB socket on the Phantom..

you have to download iosdmini assistant through dji website, open program connect directly to iosdmini NOT through dji phantom shell. Check for updates...

Put a full stop after shell..

As to your question. No you cant do it through the phantom. The iosd mini needs the iosd assistant - http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... er_4.0.exe and you have to connect to the usb port on iosd mini.
If you bought it recently it may well already be updated. You can tell when you look at your fpv screen, if you have battery voltage AND battery percentage then its on the latest firmware already. If just voltage and no % then it needs updating.

Not sure about the datalink, doesnt it get updated by connecting it to the ground part of the datalink in turn connected to pc and running the datalink software?

Okay I opened the Phantom up and checked everything. Every think is up-to-date. Just one weird thing in the Phantom assistant,next to some of the harder it says no updates. And next to other hardware it says latest firmware with a tick.

I don't know if that makes sense to you if your says the same

Turbazz said:
Okay I opened the Phantom up and checked everything. Every think is up-to-date. Just one weird thing in the Phantom assistant,next to some of the harder it says no updates. And next to other hardware it says latest firmware with a tick.

I don't know if that makes sense to you if your says the same

sounds very normal.. your good to go! :!:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik