Updating the controller

Reaction score
I just received my phantom 3 advanced yesterday. I upgraded the firmware for the aircraft with no issues. I can't seem to completely update the controller...!.... The download completes it in the app, then I'm prompted that my controller has the most recent firmware and to "reboot the the controller". I reboot the controller then check the status and it keeps saying I need to upgrade the controllers firmware!! It has been a vicious cycle all day. I've tried all the other methods as well (usb to drone camera, usb in controller etc) with no luck. Definitely discouraging. Any help or insight would really be appreciated :) Ive been looking forward to flying this thing sooooo much! Really hard to not feel letdown....

Which firmware versions do you see listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?

For the aircraft its listed as version 1.9. For the controller it says unknown

Did you make any progress with this?

I just received my phantom 3 advanced yesterday. I upgraded the firmware for the aircraft with no issues. I can't seem to completely update the controller...!.... The download completes it in the app, then I'm prompted that my controller has the most recent firmware and to "reboot the the controller". I reboot the controller then check the status and it keeps saying I need to upgrade the controllers firmware!! It has been a vicious cycle all day. I've tried all the other methods as well (usb to drone camera, usb in controller etc) with no luck. Definitely discouraging. Any help or insight would really be appreciated :) Ive been looking forward to flying this thing sooooo much! Really hard to not feel letdown....

Hi I had the same issue. Going around and around. The trick is in the start up sequence of the drone/controller and device. If you do not start the parts in the correct order you will keep getting the message although the update has been completed.

Start your controller then your drone only once they have locked and you get a green light on your controller then start your device with DJGo. This solved my issue on a mini IPAD

Regards
David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik