Updating Remote Controller firmware

Reaction score
I've had my P2V for a couple of days now. Before I fly it, I want to get all the updates done. I've done the camera successfully and I'm going to install the drivers and software assistant tonight, all with the help of video tutorials.

I'm a little more nervous about the remote controller. I know there are instructions in the manual on page 50 but does anybody know a link to a video for updating the RC ?

Many thanks

It could not be easier to do, frankly. However, have you used your asistant software to see if you even need to. I doubt you do. There have not been any updates for several months.

Hello. You may not need to. When you plug your aircraft into the Assistant software if the receiver firmware is reporting as v1.0.1.3 then you will have a transmitter that is already running the latest v1.0.2.22 as these required updating as a matched pair. If you have the latest receiver firmware then you will have a factory supplied transmitter running its latest, too.

I think I bricked My Remote

I recently tried to update my remote with the 1.1 version of the RC System Assistant software. After my update it it said to power cycle the device. After doing the power cycle when I turn the remote on the green light turns on, quickly flashes to red, beeps once then turns off. I have tried putting it in loader mode and reinstalling the firmware many times but have not been able to get the remote to turn on.

If anyone has heard of this happening or has experience fixing this I would love the help.

You'll know if you need a Firmware update as soon as you plug it in. Some vendors load it, some are shipped with it. Some sit at the store since last version and need the upgrade (Mine needed an upgrade...received it a week ago).

*Note: you will need a logon ID & pass (same one you use to register at the DJI website)

I have "HEARD" (at least for the P2) that we must follow a strict sequence for upgrading or downloading firmware. Radio first, then quad and gimbal last. This is referenced in the users guide. There have been numerous reports from flyers having issues because they did not follow the sequence. The common thread seems to be sequence of firmware installs / calibrations.

Link to firmware video that I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzMQAueoYXc

Hey Pull Up I'm running the 1.05 firmware and I was going to upgrade to the 1.08. My problem is I have Mac so I can download the RC Assistant. But your saying I should be good because my receiver is already 1.0.1.3?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392282378526.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392282378526.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 713
Btw, when I connect my transmitter to Assistant software the Mac won't recognize it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Yes, if it came with 1.0.13 out of the box then it must have the latest tx firmware as they were released as a matched pair - you had to do both to avoid any communication errors. If yours came with that from the factory then it would have the latest firmware in the tx too.

There have been no receiver or tx updates released since that was done waaaaay back when in ancient history (can't remember when it was, check the release notes. But it was before Xmas).

The transmitter will only be recognised by the RC Assistant software, not the Vision Assistant. However you can use the Vision Assistant to calibrate the tx if required as the aircraft actually calibrates the receiver to read what the sticks are saying as centred. If you ever find you can't calibrate the sticks properly with the Vision Assistant then it might be necessary to plug the tx into the RC Assistant and do a hardware calibration of the tx. I haven't seen reports of many needing to do that - hopefully if you ever do then they'll have ported the RC Assistant to Mac by then for you!

Hi there,

Does anyone know if any of the Phantom 2 Vision's come with a usb port on the bottom for easy updating? The Wiki says the newer ones do, but I think it's incorrect. I believe only the Phantom 2 comes with the usb port built in for easy updating?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers