Updating P2 transmitter

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is even needed or not but does the stock transmitter receive firmware updates? If so, how do you connect it to the Phantom software? BTW, I have a Mac. The Phantom itself connects and updates flawlessly.

As far as I know we can only do it by using a RC Assistant for PC only.

I have to run a PC through Parallels / Fusion for the update of 2.4G Bluetooth link, Ground Station...etc.

May be they will have the Mac versions later but it seems their development speed is always behind schedule.

The DJI site has a great explanation of the update procedure and also lists all the releases available. Make sure you follow its procedure and have all updates done.

I too have a mac. I added VMware and windows 7 to upgrade the rc and mini iOSD, no problem. Hopefully, dji will offer mac supported software in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just find it odd that DJI offers updating Mac software for the quad but not that transmitter. The software for the quad works great.

I do have Windows installed on it as well however very rarely switch over to it. Guess I'll have to for this.

Just a bit of additional info on the tx firmware update (sorry if this has already been posted)

I have been struggling with the gimbal being too fast after the last gimbal update

I connected my transmitter up to the TX assistant and it said it had the latest firmware, so i did a X1 calibration and ever since the X1 has been uncontrollably fast
I was advising not to update this due to my experience.

Yesterday, i thought to hell with it and updated the transmitter firmware, even though it said it was on the latest version... I then did a X1 calibration again, and BOOOM - its all good - smooth pans like butter

So... run the firmware update, even if it doesnt need it - it makes all the difference

firmware update for my iOSD mini, so should I update this along with everything, Ive never done any upgrades yet, still all stock out of the box, and what order should I upgrade everything? RC + P2 + iOSD mini??? RC + iOSD mini + P2?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31